Is anyone starting Cambridge January 2014? Lets support each other!

I love the peanut crunch, plus it has the fewest carbs in. The mint crunch is nice too. I thought the others had too many carbs in.

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb

No lemon bars are the only ones you can have more than one a day of because they have a different carb content and makeup.

week 1 = - 10 lbs

I don't think that's true anymore as me and my CDC went through them all and that defo had a higher carb content than the peanut. It was by like 5 grams. She said strictly one bar now too. Peanut has 14 grams of carbs, I'll have a look at what the lemon has but sure it's around 19 grams.

When did you last have the lemon bars? Maybe they've changed.

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb

The peanut is a lot softer than it use to be. I think they've changed the ingredients in them. I'd have more bars if I could lol. Love them.

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb

Just googled it and a cambridge PDF came up with nutrition info and the lemon has 20.1 grams of carbs and the peanut is 13.7 grams so quite different. Calories are practically the same too. Odd that everything I've read on here suggests the lemon is better.

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb

Hi ladies,

I have been struggling lately and my cdc suggested I try 2 bars and a shake a day. This week I lost 6.5 lbs so it's not impacted on my weight lose so far and I found it much easier this week.

Hi,

Well done. That's interesting to know. What ones have you been having? Mine said strictly one but I guess if you were struggling its best to have that than giving up. It's all very confusing but as long as we are all still losing then its all good :)

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb

I have the lemon and the mint chocolate crunchy bar. And then a choc mint shake. I aim for 3 litres of water a day and it seems to be working.

As you said better to have 2 bars than give up. It's easier at work to grab half a bar every few hours than make a shake or soup.

My cdc said I could have three lemon bars a day if I really wanted. Don't think it's about the carbs but general composition. She told me this last week.

week 1 = - 10 lbs

I think a lot of the counsellors go by there own personal experience and by what a lot of their customers perhaps do as it seems we all have different ideas of what's aloud and what's not ! , I guess you just have to play about with it all abit and see what works for you best ????
I know I'm keen to try the bars out though I will have one of each , for one a day and then eliminate what I don't like from that !! The plan is to have a shake for breakfast a bar for lunch and soup for tea but again it can be jumbled round to suit whatever your doing xx

My cdc said I could have three lemon bars a day if I really wanted. Don't think it's about the carbs but general composition. She told me this last week.

week 1 = - 10 lbs

I suppose it's all proper cambridge product so would it matter any way ?? A lady that went in before me got 21 chocolate tetras now I know I couldn't do that for a week !!! X

Yeah my consultant said she has one customer that just has 21 porridges! Don't think I could have 21 of anything!

week 1 = - 10 lbs

I would do 21 tetras if it wasn't more expensive!

Weighed myself this morning and I have lost another four lbs, so current 15 stone 10 or a stone in 14 days... Yayyyy. Official weigh in isn't until Wednesday but for the sake of weekly signatures I'll go on today's :)

week 1 = - 10 lbs

Well done krazzed that's brilliant I just got weighed ( a day earlier ) and stayed the same :-(
I've got bars this week so hopefully it'll be a bigger loss next week ? Lost on the measurements this week though so not all bad !
Week 3 for me this week xx

Last edited:
Don't worry Susie you might have built more muscle mass which ways more than fat but is more lean... So maybe why you lost on measurements. 100 percent week for you then Susie you can do it!!! Yea bars do help because you're actually eating something for once. I've been splitting my soups ans shakes in half so I have 5 smaller meals a day. Normal breakfast and then half a soup and half a shake for lunch, ans then the same for dinner. Makes it seem like you're eating more then :) good luck for week three :) and everyone else. I'm coming off plan on Thursday and dreading it a bit! Have even been looking at restaurant menu to decide what I'm going to have and I want it all lol. Oh god. Luckily after Wednesdays weigh in I have until the following friday to get back on track for the next weigh in. X

week 1 - 10 lbs
week 2 - 4 lbs
week 3 -

Lol bless ya , yes 100 % this week I need a loss for next definitely , good idea about halving packs will give that a go .......
Thurs will be ok least your planning already !
Good luck for the rest of the week and again thanks for your support x

Back