Is anyone starting Cambridge January 2014? Lets support each other!

Are you in the normal BMI range yet? I wonder if you're feeling poorly because of having so little left to lose?

Think I'm around bmi of 27, wouldn't of thought I'd feel ill just yet. Do you think I should move up? X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk8 -STS :-(
Wk9 -STS :-( Again
Wk10 -4lb whoop whoop lol

My bmi is 26.9, just done it. X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk8 -STS :-(
Wk9 -STS :-( Again
Wk10 -4lb whoop whoop lol

On lighter life I was really poorly from about BMI 26. Dizzy, weak, hair loss etc, plus my losses slowed down. I started route to management a bit earlier, and lost more in the first 2 weeks of that than in the last month on just the packs.

I think I would in your shoes, then you could always do a 4 week stint down the line if you want a big boost, which will be more effective if you give your metabolism a chance to speed up.

What will you do next, 11 lb to lose so are you working up the steps?

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins.com mobile app

I've the same - around 10 lbs to lose to my goal so I'm seriously considering moving to step 2 this week. Ketosis alone is not keeping the hunger at bay anymore and my BMI is 26.4 I think at the moment. I'm a straight size 12 in clothes in any shop so if i got no smaller I wouldn't cry over it. I also have no clue as yet what i'm going to do to maintain and I've had it up to my tonsils with the shakes. I'd be happy enough to have them in conjunction with food but not SS or SS+ anymore. I always said I'd do this until Easter too and we're a month away from that now and I'm still on Step 1. My CDC is in no way open to me moving up the steps thus far. She's all about staying the course etc etc.

You know what, I'd move up, on Fri it will be a week on step 2 I'm sure I've lost, I've weighed myself but my scales are weird. You still lose on all steps except 5 so how can you get to go on ss, then go up, you'll keep losing surely? Just tell her what you want to do, she's prob after your money so keeping you on a low step for longer

.02 lbs away from the 14s!!!!! Scales are taunting me. Feeling poorly with cold as of yesterday ughhhh

Total loss = 22lbs

I've just checked my own records on myfitness pal using my own scale readings and I've only lost 1 lb since the 11th March so not at all happy with that. I'm definitely going to move up I think this week which a view to coming off the products by Easter.

Just tell her what you want to do, she's prob after your money so keeping you on a low step for longer

I'm not sure that is a totally justified thing to say. Each consultant is different: some want you to stay on the lower steps until you reach your goal (if your goal is reasonable for you as an individual) others want you to get near your goal and work up so you reach your goal when on step 4/5. I personally want to get to my goal of a size 14 staying on SS/SS+/Step 2 (should have a BMI of about 25 by then) then work up. After 9 months with my consultant if she said not to go up a step just yet I wouldn't jump to the conclusion she wanted the money out of me. Each consultant is different and I agree some do seem more interested in just getting the money and that is it, but a lot are people who have gone through these steps...had the same struggles and experiences as us. Unless there was a comment previously like "my consultant is so unhelpful and doesn't seem to know what she is talking about, I think she just wants my money" then I think this is quite an unfair thing to say about someone given we have never spoken to, met or know the justifications behind wanting her client to stay on a lower step.

I'm not saying you should stay on a lower step either and agree she should be listening more to what you want but I'm not sure jumping to the conculsion it's about money is right. Maybe she found it particularly difficult on the latter steps so is speaking from personal experience...??

You have the same number of products on step 2 anyway so her income would be the same. If money motivated I would assume she wouldn't mind if someone was doing SS/SS+/step 2 as they all pay the same not relucant to move up to step 2 even. Regarless of if the consultant is right or wrong to say not to move up, a sweeping statement like that is a bit harsh.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that is a totally justified thing to say. Each consultant is different: some want you to stay on the lower steps until you reach your goal (if your goal is reasonable for you as an individual) others want you to get near your goal and work up so you reach your goal when on step 4/5. I personally want to get to my goal of a size 14 staying on SS/SS+/Step 2 (should have a BMI of about 25 by then) then work up. After 9 months with my consultant if she said not to go up a step just yet I wouldn't jump to the conclusion she wanted the money out of me. Each consultant is different and I agree some do seem more interested in just getting the money and that is it, but a lot are people who have gone through these steps...had the same struggles and experiences as us. Unless there was a comment previously like "my consultant is so unhelpful and doesn't seem to know what she is talking about, I think she just wants my money" then I think this is quite an unfair thing to say about someone given we have never spoken to, met or know the justifications behind wanting her client to stay on a lower step.

I'm not saying you should stay on a lower step either and agree she should be listening more to what you want but I'm not sure jumping to the conculsion it's about money is right. Maybe she found it particularly difficult on the latter steps so is speaking from personal experience...??

You have the same number of products on step 2 anyway so her income would be the same. If money motivated I would assume she wouldn't mind if someone was doing SS/SS+/step 2 as they all pay the same not relucant to move up to step 2 even. Regarless of if the consultant is right or wrong to say not to move up, a sweeping statement like that is a bit harsh.

Alright, calm down!

I don't think anyone meant to offend anyone... It was a fly away comment.... Lets remember this is a social support forum and be nice ;)

Total loss = 22lbs

Sorry, as someone planning on becomming a consultant I guess that comment hit a nerve. I would be pretty upset if someone suggested my methods of consulting were money orientated/grabbing, (particularly having never met me or had me as their consultant) because I advised on staying on a particular step a bit longer.

My consultant is lovely, very patient and explained everything in detail. I would hope that when the time comes and I feel that S.S. is no longer working for me for whatever reason, she would listen and advise as to what other options are available. After all, it's in her interest to keep me focused and coming back. She has lost a lot of weight herself using the plan so knows all the pitfalls and challenges, it's how you are advised to cope with them that makes all the difference. I wish you well in your new career. X

My consultant is absolutely lovely. Great support and encouragement. When I realised I couldn't stick to SS I went to see her to discuss my options and we both agreed going up to 1000 cals per day was the best option for me. As you know that is only 2 products per day not 3. If you live in Harrogate, I would highly recommend her :)

I didn't see anything rude or unfriendly about your comments, Krazzed and Fay. It's true that people find it harder to get to goal if they don't stay on until then. Lots say "I'll do the last stone by healthy eating" but then they usually end up restarting. If a consultant was really money grabbing, they'd not be encouraging you to do it in the way most likely to result in maintaining. Their advice is usually designed to help you keep it off after you've finished.

That said, it's an individual choice, and consultants can advise, but ultimately the decision is ours.

My consultant is lovely, very patient and explained everything in detail. I would hope that when the time comes and I feel that S.S. is no longer working for me for whatever reason, she would listen and advise as to what other options are available. After all, it's in her interest to keep me focused and coming back. She has lost a lot of weight herself using the plan so knows all the pitfalls and challenges, it's how you are advised to cope with them that makes all the difference. I wish you well in your new career. X

I completely agree with all of your points but if for whatever reason the advice was to stay on that step I would hope that the first logical step wouldn't be that I was after the money. It could be inexperience, it could be that she didn't take the request to move up a step seriously, it could be her drawing too much from her own time on the diet that she wants her clients to follow it the same way.

I am very nervous about being a consultant, making the right choices, offering the right support when it's needed but firm enough when that's needed also. Now I am even more nervous....is this inexperience going to be constrewed as money grabbing if my advice is off target? It's a tough balance to get right...

Back