Is anyone starting Cambridge January 2014? Lets support each other!

It also doesn't look good for the consultant if someone puts all the weight back on after they''ve lost it because all their friends will say is... I told you so! Instead of saying omg you look fab what's your consultants name I'm going to do it. We are walking advertisements for the Cambridge diet and their consultants.... If we don't do well it not only affects us but them. They want us to do well and having been through it themselves I'm sure they know how hard it is. Having said that, it is a business but I don't think most consultants would intentionally keep you on a step to make more money out of you, but then perhaps some do.... I'd like to think not though. It's like learning to drive.... Some instructors make you have more lessons than others. Who cares....as long as you get to where you want to be at the end it doesn't matter. And yes if you really want to move up a step your consultant isn't going to say no is she?!

Total loss = 22lbs

I don't think many people go into being Cambridge consultants without wanting to help people, especially after they've been on the journey themselves.

I think its a compromise. Don't be worried about offering the advice, at the end of the day we are all adults making our own decisions. I would just hope that my consultant (when the time come) listens to my views and offers a solution. If for example I was coming to you and I told you that I was no longer happy on S.S. either because I was fed up with it, it was no longer working for me or for whatever reason, and you were recommending that I stick to it a little longer. I would want you to explain your reason for suggesting that I persevere and not move onto another step. I wouldn't automatically assume you were just after my money, but it's down to you as my consultant to keep me motivated and offering options is one way of doing that.

I completely agree with all of your points but if for whatever reason the advice was to stay on that step I would hope that the first logical step wouldn't be that I was after the money. It could be inexperience, it could be that she didn't take the request to move up a step seriously, it could be her drawing too much from her own time on the diet that she wants her clients to follow it the same way.

I am very nervous about being a consultant, making the right choices, offering the right support when it's needed but firm enough when that's needed also. Now I am even more nervous....is this inexperience going to be constrewed as money grabbing if my advice is off target? It's a tough balance to get right...

No not if you explain your reasons to clients. But in my experience ( and job) I tend to deal with the worst of people. Please don't assume I meant if you offered the advice, you are doing it for money only as I didn't mean that...however, there are some consultants who are underhand to tbh k otherwise is naive. Remember it's a business so no point being all pink and fluffy. I'm sure you will be fine. X

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm sick at the moment and on sole source. Should I carry on as normal?

Total loss = 22lbs

P.s. my consultant was actually against me starting on ss and said most of her clients do step 2/3 so they're not always after money although it is a factor in everything.

Total loss = 22lbs

I'm sick at the moment and on sole source. Should I carry on as normal?

Total loss = 22lbs

You should be fine unless you need antibiotics or feel you need more food? Hope you feel better soon. X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk8 -STS :-(
Wk9 -STS :-( Again
Wk10 -4lb whoop whoop lol

What's been happening since I last posted lol. X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

Someone ate some ham and all hell broke loose. I blame you Liz.... Hehe

Total loss = 22lbs

I'm think my fat brain is just looking for an excuse to eat

Total loss = 22lbs

DON'T DO IT!!! I won't allow it, your so near the 14's, think of that. X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

I don't know about ham but my dogs cuddled up to the radiator and if she gets any hotter I swear I'm going to eat her!

Liz - you lost 30lbs in 7 weeks? Wow... and I mean WOW!
If I can get anything like those results I'll be well chuffed. Well done you! X

Why's it put ****** on the above post. I didn't swear????? Odd

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

Liz - you lost 30lbs in 7 weeks? Wow... and I mean WOW!
If I can get anything like those results I'll be well chuffed. Well done you! X

Yep :) Thanks hun. Feeling good. You'll do that no problem as long as you stick to it and avoid eating the dog?!? Lol x

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

That's truly amazing, that's a real motivation to keep at it, so thanks 'cos that's really helped me today! X

I read so many stories on here and really did help me. The people on here helped me too. What day are you on? X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

P.s. my consultant was actually against me starting on ss and said most of her clients do step 2/3 so they're not always after money although it is a factor in everything.

Total loss = 22lbs

Yeah sure not all are, but some will be. Mine isn't, she's always sais ypu lose same on step 2 as ss so mine is a good one

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins.com mobile app

Just on day 3. Not been as bad as I thought it was going to be if I'm honest. I miss sitting down with a meal but I'm an all or nothing kinda gal so to 'eat sensibly' just doesn't register with me. I seriously think I have that little mechanism missing that tells me when I've had enough as I can just keep going till I feel sick! This diet suits me for that reason, I see results quickly and the food factor is completely abolished. I can't have 'too much' if I'm having none at all!
Looking forward to Monday, first week complete, and I'll see how much the effort has been worth it. X

Back