Is anyone starting Cambridge January 2014? Lets support each other!

Hmmmm I havent had a hot dog in Apollo long!!!! Maybe I could eat my rabbits if I warmed them up first. I think the cold and flu tablets are sending me potty. Just weighed myself and I'm in the 14's ohhhbnn hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah

Total loss = 22lbs

Hmmmm I havent had a hot dog in Apollo long!!!! Maybe I could eat my rabbits if I warmed them up first. I think the cold and flu tablets are sending me potty. Just weighed myself and I'm in the 14's ohhhbnn hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah

Total loss = 22lbs

Yay, well done you. Bet you feel fab? Do your clothes feel different too? I loved my clothes feeling massive lol. X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk8 -STS :-(
Wk9 -STS :-( Again
Wk10 -4lb whoop whoop lol

Hi everyone, I've been following Cambridge since last tues and been having 4 products a day as that's what my cdc recommended. Does everyone else have four or should I be having three really??x

Hi everyone, I've been following Cambridge since last tues and been having 4 products a day as that's what my cdc recommended. Does everyone else have four or should I be having three really??x

Hi, how tall are you? Also how much do you have to lose? They may be factors.

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

Just on day 3. Not been as bad as I thought it was going to be if I'm honest. I miss sitting down with a meal but I'm an all or nothing kinda gal so to 'eat sensibly' just doesn't register with me. I seriously think I have that little mechanism missing that tells me when I've had enough as I can just keep going till I feel sick! This diet suits me for that reason, I see results quickly and the food factor is completely abolished. I can't have 'too much' if I'm having none at all!
Looking forward to Monday, first week complete, and I'll see how much the effort has been worth it. X

I found days 4,5 and 10 the worst. Hope they're not too bad for you. Once passed 2 weeks I've found it a lot easier. You'll be fine. X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

I'm having 3 shakes a day and the only extra is a smidge of skimmed milk in my copious amounts of tea cos it's the vice I just can't live without. Not sure how much extra weight you'd notice by doing 3 instead of 4 per day? X

Omg and there was me congratulating myself on getting through the rough bit. Now your telling me I've got it all to come! Cheers for that! Lol. X

I think by week two you feel amazing. Week one for me was so shi-tty. Yeah my jeans are baggy which is good. I was craving kfc earlier but now don't want to ruin it. I think people have 4 products if their bmi is above 40, they're above 5 8' or a man, or they're on ss+ with milk allowance. I think reason you need to have four products if you're having milk is because milk stops some vitamins and minerals being absorbed correctly like iron.

Total loss = 22lbs

I've the same - around 10 lbs to lose to my goal so I'm seriously considering moving to step 2 this week. Ketosis alone is not keeping the hunger at bay anymore and my BMI is 26.4 I think at the moment. I'm a straight size 12 in clothes in any shop so if i got no smaller I wouldn't cry over it. I also have no clue as yet what i'm going to do to maintain and I've had it up to my tonsils with the shakes. I'd be happy enough to have them in conjunction with food but not SS or SS+ anymore. I always said I'd do this until Easter too and we're a month away from that now and I'm still on Step 1. My CDC is in no way open to me moving up the steps thus far. She's all about staying the course etc etc.

I reach out to my CDC with this query also today and she responded to say that SS is the quickest way to lose weight. By moving up the steps I will increase my calorie intake and only maintain rather than lose weight so I need to stick with SS only until I get to my goal weight and then start moving up the steps to maintain.

TBH this is contrary to what she said to me last week when we agreed I was possibly plateauing and she said I might have to come off the diet altogether for a week or two if I had a poor loss again this week (which I have). I'm finding this a bit disconcerting and the lack of trust is putting me off continuing with the diet at all. I'm not willing to live on 3 shakes a day for a 1 lb weight loss a week. She's also offered no other alternatives or advice.

Previously I have asked her two other questions over the course of the diet. One was if I could eat those suagr free sweets from Holland & Barratt and the second was should I move off SS for surgery I was having. I have yet to receive a response to either. The meetings in her house last less than 5 minutes and I watched her write "getting on great" in the comment section on her sheet about me after we'd had the plateauing discussion. She also has one of her kids in the room every single week and can be in and out to the others. For my part though I've never objected to it. I just think all of this combined is really beginning to annoy me.

All in all I reckon I'm a dissatisfied customer and I'm not sure what to do about it.

O wow, that sounds bad. I was with my C.D.C. for an hour this week, not expecting the same next week but certainly not 5 mins with children or other people nipping in and out.

Hi, how tall are you? Also how much do you have to lose? They may be factors. Wk 1 -8lb Wk2 -6lb Wk3 -3lb Wk4 -4lb Wk5 -3lb Wk6 -3lb Wk7 -3lb Wk8 -STS :-( Wk9 -STS :-( Again Wk10 -4lb whoop whoop lol

I'm 5.2, and was 9.9 when I started so bmi 24.6. Lost 5 pound in my first week so bmi is now 23.7. My goal is to get comfortably in the middle bmi of 22 which is another 9lb away, and will bring my total loss to one stone x

I get 30 mins every two weeks. I think maybe you should consider changing consultant?

Total loss = 22lbs

That's so bad!!!! 5 mins and telling you to come off for a week or 2 makes me think she may just be after the cash as if you have 2 weeks off straight from ss you'll put loads on and have more to lose. I'd defo insist on moving up if you want to. I've gone up to step 2. Text my consultant earlier and she replied straight away saying yes defo do it if I'm feeling ill. I spend around half an hour with her every week. Chatting as well as measuring every week too. She's lovely. Guess I'm lucky then!!! X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

Dublin? Maybe there's someone else in a nearby area that you could go to?

Total loss = 22lbs

I'm just going to tell her I've changed my goal to whatever figure I weigh in at tomorrow so if she says I shouldn't move up. Like I'd love to just walk away but I don't want to put back on what I've lost and I always intended to move up the steps.

I see a business opportunity there. If she's the only one in the area and she's pretty crap, there must be others in the same boat as you looking for someone new to go to?

I was thinking the same Anne!!! If your bmi is less than 26 you can become a consultant yourself I think

Total loss = 22lbs

Back