Is anyone starting Cambridge January 2014? Lets support each other!

Yeah people that are thin think it's unhealthy. Pisses me off..... Stop telling me what to do and go eat a muffin

Total loss = 26lbs

Hello! Im new to the forum and started with cambridge today.

I am petrified aha, so far ive had choco velvet and mango shake (ew didnt like that one!) im doing 4 products for the first 4 days then going to try and cut down to 3, recommended by my consultant.

Got any tips for a newbee??

drink water - and then more water lol.

the one thing that helps me is holding out until 12 for my first shake, because i find when i have a shake it starts me wanting more, and so i can space them closer together then. i have 3 or 4 a day depending on whether i have picked at other things!

I would just say its definitely a mind over matter thing. The first few days are hard due to hunger and then carb withdrawal but you know when you're feeling really bad it's working and you'll be over the worst in a day or so. Stick out the first week 100% and you'll have nothing holding you back!

Also, for me, eating anything at all, even a tiny piece of something makes it so so much worse and can knock you out of the ketosis you're working so hard to get into.

Stay strong, its so worth it!

My main tip is your mind set has to in the right place and you have to want this. Also stick with it as going into ketosis in the first week will make you feel crappy, then if you cheat you'll have to do it all again. That's what kept me on the straight and narrow. Cheating is not worth it. Distraction is key too, I had my hair and nails done loads at the start lol. Plus puzzles and reading helped oh and a hot bath as you will feel cold. Good luck.

Total loss on cambridge - 2 stone 11lb :)

How you doing Liz? As if I need to ask! I know you're powering through!

Krazzed you crack me up!!! How you getting on? Enjoy your days off?

Haha I'm doing well back on track as of yesterday, no more cheating, no more social life... Just me, Cambridge and my thesis for foreseeable future!!!! I have somehow managed to lose 5 lbs overnight... Don't know how it happened or whether it was a delayed loss/scales error but will double check tomorrow. I haven't lost any limbs so not sure what's happened but motivated for this week. Really want to get into the lower 14 stones for Monday so fingers crossed. How u doing?

Tips for newbies:
- For someone who has cheated A LOT.... DON'T DO IT ITS NOT WORTH IT.
- get a water alarm app to remind you to drink - should be free
- don't listen to anyone who tells you it's unhealthy or bad for you... Keep going it's obviously working and they're getting worried you're going to not be their fat friend anymore but the one that looks better than them
- post on here when you are low and thinking you're going to cheat
- believe in yourself that this is the last thing you will try to lose weight.... Not just a stepping stone to trying everything

Total loss = 26lbs

How you doing Liz? As if I need to ask! I know you're powering through!

Good thank you. Felt sick earlier so skipped my shakes and had 2 bars and some chicken today. Still fine in terms of carbs. Keep getting really bad hiccups too!!!
How you doing?

5lb, how? Why? Jealous lol. Only kidding, well done. You can so do this. Your soon be in the low 14's, then 13's, 12's :)

Good thank you. Felt sick earlier so skipped my shakes and had 2 bars and some chicken today. Still fine in terms of carbs. Keep getting really bad hiccups too!!!
How you doing?

Sounds good, you know what your body needs best. Still good, feeling particularly positive today, I seem to be suddenly looking much slimmer!

I loved it when that happened to me. Really kept me going strong :) your doing so well. How many weeks to your wedding? Are you having a hen party? X

I don't know how or why. Probs a fluke will check again tomorrow lol. How can I not do it with all you lovely lot supporting me... Sorry I know cheese isn't allowed on Cambridge diet*

Total loss = 26lbs

Liz - Its strange isn't it, when you just suddenly look different! About 12 weeks now so I'll definitely be at goal :) I'm excited for your weigh in now as I'm sure you'll have lost loads!

Krazzed - having each other's support makes such a difference doesn't it!

Yes it feels fab :) you change so quickly on this it's great!!! How you feeling today? I'm ok, looking forward to my weigh in, just hope I've got back to where I was when I stopped. Not even fussed to have lost more to be honest. Then next week can be new fat :). I'm off the diet next weekend for the bank holiday as going to Stratford upon Avon for the weekend. Mini break, can't wait.

Krazzed - totally agree on the support front. Your fine telling us you love us :) jokes aside I'm not sure I'd have got through the past months without this site. Look how far this page has come!!!!

Double checked and I've def lost 5lbs since Monday.... How did that happen?!!

Total loss = 26lbs

Morning all!

Back on the shakes this morning. Had my first one before I came to work. I think I'm psychologically allergic to them! Had a banana one but then I was still hungry so I had an apple and a mandarin. Not in the right frame of mind I guess. I've a weight watchers class this evening too and I've been good all week since a disasterous weekend and a lb up last week but I think I will have either a STS or a small loss. Then I'll try to stick to SS+ with some fruit for next week and see what the results are like.

So are all the ww converts back on Cambridge now?? Lol

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins.com mobile app

Good luck. Hope you have a loss this week. I think most people were bad this weekend... Including me. How much do u have left to lose now then?

Total loss = 26lbs

I've another 1/2 a stone to go before I'm totally finished. I just want it off before the hen I'm going to in 3 weeks. I've lost 4 lbs in the last month on WW so it's not too bad. I've about a weeks worth of shakes left so I'll see what's next when they're gone.

Back