Red Day Is anyone still doing Red days?

Well I am back after a lengthy absence. Time to face up to reality and the scales :eek:. As a past member I always followed EE and got on reasonably well with it. No massive losses but slow and steady and lost almost 4 stone. I enjoy stuffing my face too much with pasta and rice so I enjoyed the flexibility of it.

However, now I'm back with a substantial weight gain (terrible yo-yo dieter) and having to try and lose as much as I can ASAP for my daughter's wedding in October. I have been researching Red days. Don't get me wrong I'm no total carnivore, in fact I do like fruit and veg (not quite as much as biscuits and cakes mind you ;)) but I think carbs are my problem and what slows me down on EE.

I know I should have started much sooner, but a joint problem has kept me quite immobile and feeling down, which has led to comfort eating. However, with some time away from work and with the help of my physio I am moving a bit better and have a gym referral in the pipeline! :character00116:

I know SW don't endorse Red or Green days anymore and it's all EE and now moved on to EESP. But does anyone on here do Red days anymore? I need inspiration and to follow as many people as I can to get my butt in gear. I think Red days are going to help me shift the pounds quicker.

Hi I still do red days, I do think they work well but I also do some extra easy I think a lot of it is control an it's taken me a while to get this so I have more veg a bit of meat but smaller carb portion, I struggle to lose weight on ee to what you could do is so many days red so many ee if you have a food diary anything you need to know just ask if I don't know it someone will.

Just rember losing it slowly is better than not losing it at all you could easily lose a good few stone by October an that's better than none at all, good luck will you be joining a class?

I do a mix of SP and red days. My diet is basically SP but on days I want a banana, I'll switch to red since all fruits are fine where that's not the case with SP. I still do EE from time to time when I want potatoes (usually 1-2 a week) and will just have a small portion of them on those days. I don't have any other carbs but this is because I don't like pasta or rice, not that I'm trying to lose the weight quicker. I only switched from EE for the second HexB choice, would eat the same on an EE day anyway so may as well get some benefit out of it!

The main problem for me is that because it's not endorsed by SW any more, it's not something I can discuss in group (some consultants barely like discussing SP, let alone the old plans!) and there's no way to find out red specific syns through official means now. If you have some old books to look up at least generic values it may be a bit easier though.

Hi I still do red days, I do think they work well but I also do some extra easy I think a lot of it is control an it's taken me a while to get this so I have more veg a bit of meat but smaller carb portion, I struggle to lose weight on ee to what you could do is so many days red so many ee if you have a food diary anything you need to know just ask if I don't know it someone will.

Just rember losing it slowly is better than not losing it at all you could easily lose a good few stone by October an that's better than none at all, good luck will you be joining a class?

Thanks for your reply and your help :) Yes I will be keeping a food diary. When I did SW before this is how I began and I think it is essential to keep a track of everything you are eating. I am not going to class. I am actually quite good once my head is in the 'zone' and I can do it alone. Like you I only want a bit of meat and carbs and more veg. I hate wholemeal bread and pasta so I will have to be more inventive with the HEXB's. Good job there are other choices. :D

I do a mix of SP and red days. My diet is basically SP but on days I want a banana, I'll switch to red since all fruits are fine where that's not the case with SP. I still do EE from time to time when I want potatoes (usually 1-2 a week) and will just have a small portion of them on those days. I don't have any other carbs but this is because I don't like pasta or rice, not that I'm trying to lose the weight quicker. I only switched from EE for the second HexB choice, would eat the same on an EE day anyway so may as well get some benefit out of it!

The main problem for me is that because it's not endorsed by SW any more, it's not something I can discuss in group (some consultants barely like discussing SP, let alone the old plans!) and there's no way to find out red specific syns through official means now. If you have some old books to look up at least generic values it may be a bit easier though.

Thanks for your reply and your help :) Yes I think the extra HEX's are appealing but as I mentioned to Sexyshell135 I will be a bit more inventive as I really hate wholemeal. Fortunately, I have some old books so I have the Red plan and some syn values. Also, I don't tend to eat a lot of branded, ready made foods when I do SW so looking up syn values shouldn't be too much of a problem. However, I always can refer back here and do a search as I imagine there is a hell of a lot of info in the archives. Also there are a lot of social network sites you can join and get information, which I have done in preparation.

Like you I think I will have the odd EE day so I can get my carb 'fix' but I think I would really have to limit it to 1 or 2 days per week. :rolleyes:

I rarely have bread. Today was the first time I've had non-gluten free bread in at least six months, I just fancied a sandwich which I didn't often have in pre-SW days anyway! And even the GF bread (the Schar ciabatta rolls are white and a B btw) is only an occasional treat. I use my Bs mainly for cereal or hifi bars, sometimes dried/cooked fruit. You'll know from the old books but red has a larger list of Bs anyway since you can use carbs as a B on red, so it's a good way of working in a limited portion.

Hi, I do nearly all red/green days... mainly red so I can keep an eye on my carbs... I was sorting through our attic bedroom the other day and found some of my booklets with the old red/green/ee info in :woohoo:as before I was doing it from memory -I did it for a long time prior to having my nearly 4 year old so It was pretty much wedged in my brain. The new EE just doesn't seem to work for me :doh:..I keep a diary on here too if I can help at all ....and good luck

I think they should of still keept the old info on the slimming world website for people that like the old plans, as you said there is enough support an info about that if you get stuck someone will know the answer, I think you can take most the ee syn values an use them it's just common sense like if you wanted a slimming world meal an your on red your not going to go get pasta or something with potatoe in it. I couldn't do sp I think I would be clawing the fridge only eating speed foods all day I like to nibble on ham, crab sticks I would be starving.

Same here, EE never seemed to work for me so I am mostly doing red & green. Shame it is not supported by SW anymore :(

Hi, I do nearly all red/green days... mainly red so I can keep an eye on my carbs... I was sorting through our attic bedroom the other day and found some of my booklets with the old red/green/ee info in :woohoo:as before I was doing it from memory -I did it for a long time prior to having my nearly 4 year old so It was pretty much wedged in my brain. The new EE just doesn't seem to work for me :doh:..I keep a diary on here too if I can help at all ....and good luck

That's great that you keep a diary, that's just what I need, someone I can follow! :)

I rarely have bread. Today was the first time I've had non-gluten free bread in at least six months, I just fancied a sandwich which I didn't often have in pre-SW days anyway! And even the GF bread (the Schar ciabatta rolls are white and a B btw) is only an occasional treat. I use my Bs mainly for cereal or hifi bars, sometimes dried/cooked fruit. You'll know from the old books but red has a larger list of Bs anyway since you can use carbs as a B on red, so it's a good way of working in a limited portion.

Yes I think I can work in the odd bread treat here and there. I think I can have WW petit pain as a HEXB and I have noted there is some GF (thanks for the info re Schar). It will be odd having the extra HEX's as I was so used to doing EE!

I think they should of still keept the old info on the slimming world website for people that like the old plans, as you said there is enough support an info about that if you get stuck someone will know the answer, I think you can take most the ee syn values an use them it's just common sense like if you wanted a slimming world meal an your on red your not going to go get pasta or something with potatoe in it. I couldn't do sp I think I would be clawing the fridge only eating speed foods all day I like to nibble on ham, crab sticks I would be starving.

I agree most especially with green days. For vegetarians they can follow it and get the benefit of the additional HEX's. I think if you ask they will tell you but they don't promote it. I couldn't do EESP either, I think my stomach would be rumbling all day :eek:

I still do red too, I keep a diary in the food diaries section.
I never had good losses with EE, so just went back to red days and the weight is finally coming off xx

Thank you Missyy76, I will be sure to follow you too. I'm pleased to hear you are getting better results with Red. I guess from a SW perspective they have to keep adapting the plans but I cannot see why they cannot keep the old and trusted ones too! Just wish they would get rid of the clapping everyone in groups o_O. That would free up 3/4 of the night to talk about tips, food, plans etc!

Same here, EE never seemed to work for me so I am mostly doing red & green. Shame it is not supported by SW anymore :(

Thanks for your reply B.M. I wouldn't say EE didn't work for me it did. However, it was slow and sometimes it could be half a pound a week but I wasn't in a rush. However, for some this can be truly demotivating and I can appreciate that. Everyone wants to lose as much as possible as fast as possible. As I said in my original post I think my problem is carbs and with EE I overdo it. I can eat man sized portions and I do think EE would be better if it limited the amount of rice/potato/pasta you could have in one sitting but obviously not as much as Red?? Not sure, others may disagree with me on that one.

Thanks for your reply B.M. I wouldn't say EE didn't work for me it did. However, it was slow and sometimes it could be half a pound a week but I wasn't in a rush. However, for some this can be truly demotivating and I can appreciate that. Everyone wants to lose as much as possible as fast as possible. As I said in my original post I think my problem is carbs and with EE I overdo it. I can eat man sized portions and I do think EE would be better if it limited the amount of rice/potato/pasta you could have in one sitting but obviously not as much as Red?? Not sure, others may disagree with me on that one.

I agree with this. It's the one part of SW that my brain can't comprehend. I could eat an entire pot of white pasta if I wanted to, but a tiny slice of avocado is something like 3 syns. Baffling. I do think that future versions of the plan might introduce portion control guidelines, but it will be a hard change for them to make as the entire plan is marketed around being unlimited.

Back