IS ANYONE STUDYING ?

sonkie

Gold Member
WELL I GOT MY PACKAGE WITH ALL THE STUDY MATERIALS FOR MY OPEN UNIVERSITY....WELL I OPENED IT UP...THEN CLOSED IT STRAIGHT AWAY....OMG THERE IS SO MUCH TO GET THROUGH. IT LOOKS SO OVERWHELMING AND I AM FEELING UNSURE ABOUT IT NOW.
BUT THEN IT IS AN 8 MONTH COURSE AND IM ASSUMING IT IS THE TOTAL 8 MONTHS WORTH OF MATERIALS.

BUT STILL FEELING OVERWHELMED BY IT.

:confused:

Hey Sonkie, I am kind of studying too, not OU, but its bloody hard!! Havent started studying for my next module yet, though might take the book on the boat with me on sat night since my trip home is at least 5 hours!!

I'm studying for my Investment Admin Qualification (IAQ).....its in 3 modules and I passed the first one, have the second exam in March I think and another after that at some point....scary stuff cos theres so much to learn!!

So wat is it you are studying?

I'm studying full time at University Sonkie after having taken six subjects in a year at college to gain entry (boy, that was tough!)

I left full-time education in 1978 so it had been a while since I'd done anything 'academic' (and to be honest, I didn't really do anything academic when I WAS at school anyway! :p )

It does seem daunting at first but, just like our diets, try not to look too far ahead: Take each task as it presents itself. I know I'd freak out of I thought too long and hard about the next three years of my degree so I've learned just to focus on what's immediately ahead.

If someone had said to me 18 months ago that I'd be critically analysing various works of Victorian Literature, I'd have laughed good 'n loud ... but although the workload seems scary at first, they don't expect you to 'know everything' from the outset (otherwise what's the point of the course?). Everything is designed to get you through stage by stage so believe in yourself - you'll be fine! :)

Wow Debbie well done, you have worked so hard.
Well I had a better browse through my materials and feel a bit better about it although its still daunting.

My course doesnt start until feb so if I just dabble after xmas I WILL GET THERE

Back