Is breakfast really worth it?

I was exactly the same I was always hungry if I ate breakfast but I noticed when I eat breakfast I loose weight better so I think it does boost your metabolism :)

Thanks again for all your posts.

I just weighed in this morning and only lost 1.4 lbs in my first week. I've been very strict with myself and stayed under 1400 cals. I've also delayed eating for about 3 hours in the morning.

So this week it's back to 7.30 am breakfast and see what happens. I should have lost a lot more for my first week. I'll maybe up the cals to 1600 as well - I'm just under 16 stone. It'll be interesting to see if I can lose a bit more by having breakfast first thing.

Yes, definitely up your calories if you've got a fair bit to lose. I started at 1800, now down to 1600, and have lost 5 stone so far in 9 months, with no exercise, so it does work. Too few calories and your body will rebel and hang onto its reserves. Keep up the good work! xx

I used to rarely eat breakfast until later in the morning, but now that I have to go out earlier, I try to eat some fruit for breakfast. this is quite low calorie also makes one or two of my five a day

busybee_mummy said:
http://www.ditch-diets-live-light.com/breakfast-buzz.html

Not sure how reliable this website is but the article is interesting!

I agree with most of that! The only thing is, that whilst, I believe quite rightly, debunking the breakfast myth, they seem to be promoting the water myth. Your body needs fluid, yes, but not necessarily water, and certainly not as much as this 2L people go on about (it's about 1.2L actually). xx

I'm always starving for breakfast, normally get up do the school run the sit down at work by 9 and have a big bowl of porridge with banana and strawberries, still starving by 10:30 though :s

It depends. A significant percentage of binge eaters are triggered when they go hypoglycemic, in which case eating breakfast can stop binging. That's why it is advised. But, personally hunger doesn't have much yo do with why I overeat, so it doesn't matter for me.

i wish i didnt feel hungry in the morning! i have always had breakfast even when i was at my heaviest at 14 and a half stone. nowadays im trying to have breakfast as late as possible i.e. 9:30 am! i cant last any longer cos i feel faint hehe but them hungry about 10:45 am again grrrr xxx

Back