is couscous syns? if used as a coating?

shorty1981

i see a recipe on here for potato croquettes? would love to make em as it would b a change to ya mash n chips n such like! i would use plain couscous coat potato with egg then roll it in the cooked couscous? would it still make it free?

The only time its supposed to be synned is if its used in a recipe it wouldnt normally be used in, like a cake, grinding it up to make flour or something.

I always do the syn free KFC with a cous-cous coating and never syn it.

Yeah it would be free. You would only need to syn it if you were using it in for example a cake instead of flour as SW term that food abuse (because you are using a free food in a way you wouldn't normally)

TBH with you though, how much breadcrumbs would you really use if you made them with that? I can't imagine it would be more than a couple of syns worth.

thanks all got some smash n gonna season it with some herbs n then coat it! i used to get some out of iceland years n years ago they were lovely aint had em since! :(

I use cous cous as a coating for scotch eggs and fish cakes and count it as free... really am going to have to try the KFC chicken...

Back