Is drinking too much water dangerous?

hypno1

Hi everyone,

I have really bad lower back pain and wondered if it could somehow be related to the amount of water taken? Like my kidneys or soemthing? I'm probably way off the mark but it is really sore and only started when I started the cd on Tues. I would say I get through 6 pint glasses of water a day. I'm on my 4th pint of water today, it's 12.47pm. Could I be taking it too quickly or causing harm?

Hi Gillian

Im no expert but i think 6 pints (3.4ltrs) should be fine CD says between 2 and 3ltrs a day your only just over shouldnt be a problem some days i have 3 to 4 ltrs depending on what im up to.

Hope your feeling bettter soon

6 pints should be fine, but space it out well.

Too much water (and I'm talking about loads!) can be dangerous if drunk in a short space of time.

I doubt the pain is water related. Hope it goes off soon :hug99:

Thanks Lin, the hunger has totally went away now so I take it that i'm now in ketosis it's just this back pain - I don't want to overdo the water. Think I will lower my water to 5 pints per day. Help the constant trip to the loo too lol!

My legs are aching today, i'm falling apart lol! Was on my power plate last night and chose prog 2 instead of prog 1 and it's harder so i'm feeling it today lol!

You have had an amazing weight loss! 3 stones in 8 weeks!! I only wish and hope I can be as succesfull as that. Kind of cheated and weighed myself on wii fit today and i've lost 5lbs since I started on Tues so that's pretty good going.

How have you lost it all if you don't mind me asking? Do you do SS and alot of excersise?

6 pints should be fine, but space it out well.

Too much water (and I'm talking about loads!) can be dangerous if drunk in a short space of time.

I doubt the pain is water related. Hope it goes off soon :hug99:

Thanks for that, think i'm getting all my water intake too eary on in the day and need to get it spaced out a bit better. I've been purposely drinking it all through the day to save the night time loo trips lol!

I think i'll have to start spacing it out so i'm having some of it in the evening and down it to 5 pints per day.

You look amazing! What a difference! I come on here and all the inspiration is just wonderful, really spurs me on to do it.

SS 100% i now find it really easy and for the moment the only excersie i do are my millions of trips to the loo lol, to be honest i do get light headed on occasion but not to bad the weight loss is so quick but then i do have alot to loose Would love to have a go of powerplate.

And a little advise try not weighing yourself i know its hard but i stick to once a week with CD something to look forward to.

Good look and stop weighing lol

Thanks Lin, I know what you mean about the weighing, it would give me something to look forward to instead of already knowing. I won't weigh myself until my weigh in on Tues and then once a week there on I promise lol!

Hi

I'm not on CD but I saw this on the 'unread posts' part and remembered a story from last year about a woman who consumed too much water in a short space of time and died. I'm not posting to cause a panic but it is something people should be aware of. Here is the link:

Dieter died after drinking too much water - Health News, Health & Wellbeing - The Independent

If you are in doubt as to whether your water intake is too much then maybe speak to your CDC or GP for guidence?

I drink at least 3 litres a day, and sometimes nearer 4 if not more. I don't force it, I find that I want to drink a lot on cd, plus the flavourings really help!
I try and spread it, but do cut down a little in the evening to minimise the loo trips in the night!
So I don't think that you are drinking too much, and as long as you don't down it all at once (like that woman who died did) then you will be fine.
bingbong

I drink at least 3 litres a day, and sometimes nearer 4 if not more. I don't force it, I find that I want to drink a lot on cd, plus the flavourings really help!
I try and spread it, but do cut down a little in the evening to minimise the loo trips in the night!
So I don't think that you are drinking too much, and as long as you don't down it all at once (like that woman who died did) then you will be fine.
bingbong

Crikey that story is scary eh! I definately need to space out what i'm drinking and when because this morning I was on my fifth pint in around 5hrs which I suppose isn't good. Need to try and get it worked out so I don't have anywhere near as much so close together.

hello

i got pain in my kidneys when i first started too. i suffer badly from kidney infections so i know thats what the pain was... it did go away though after a few days and i didnt need to see gp. i dont know about you but i never drank as much as i do now so i put it down to my body adjusting x

Back