is drinking water fast bad for you?

babyphat

hi everyone!
im new to this site, and think its really cool! ive heard from someone that theres no point drinking the water if you gulp it down too fast because it will just come out quickly and therefore not have time to cleanse out ur body. does anyone know if this is true?

thanx:confused:

hi everyone!
im new to this site, and think its really cool! ive heard from someone that theres no point drinking the water if you gulp it down too fast because it will just come out quickly and therefore not have time to cleanse out ur body. does anyone know if this is true?

thanx:confused:

Hi, Id like to know the answer to this one as I always down a pint at a time. bm2lmxx

Hi
Not too sure about that although i have never heard that before.

Hi..
Just finish an assignment on the function on 'the function of the kidneys' at uni..
have to say to my knowledge as long as it goes in it doesn't really matter..
Think it is a good thing to make sure you drink plenty all day and not just a few times a day though....
Water from food mostly get absorbed into your body through your large intestine but water that you drink get taken in much quicker from you stomach.. that why it seems to "go straight through''. Your kidneys are very clever and balance the amount of water in your body carefully, just as long as you drink enough, as we all know on this plan......
hope this helps a bit..
xxxxxx

My LLc always said to sip water rather than gulp it down to get the max benefits from it otherwise it goes straight through and doesn't hydrate you the same. Could be true ?

Nice to have someone scientific here :D Personally I drink it throughout the day from squeezy bottles as I find I drink so much more that way.I have been known to drink it fast too and I can't say I've noticed it making any difference.I do prefer to drink it regularly though but that's just me.

I have quick big gulps as I find it easier to ensure I get all my water in. Sarahxx.

I drink regularly through the day, but some days a sip is just not enough and I can down a litre each time I drink. Those days I can hit 7 or 8 litres. The days where I seem to be less thirsty, I get through 4 litres.

As the others have said, I have not noticed it really make a difference whether I drink fast or slow ... apart from the volume I get through of course.

I think the general consensus is to drink regularly .....

Steve

Back