IS IBUFROFEN ALLOWED

Susie58

Gold Member
Unfortunately had to take some migraine medication yesterday. I think I read on here a few weeks ago that Ibuprofen can effect water retention levels but I can't find the thread anywhere. Does anyone know if ibuprofen is ok to take. Would be grateful for some advice x

It's fine to take it. Just be aware that it does cause water retention in some people, so don't be worried if the scales show a gain or no losses that week. You are still losing fat, and when the drug is out of your system you'll see the water weight disappear. (When I take it, I can temporarily put on up to 3lb)

Ok Thanks for the info bakedalaska. As long as it all comes of once I'm over the migraine cos cant not take the meds. Tried & regretted it lol

I have just started and as I always do came down with a killer headache from the withdrawal. I took paracetamol and ibuprofen every 2 hours... rather recover fast and see the weight loss next week if need be.

I'm sure you'll be fine and it won't affect you. Not worth thinking about having a migraine with no medication:eek:

I take a huge cocktail of pain meds every day, and though my losses are not as big as some, I'm still doing ok:) I think if you need to take things then the plan has to come a slight second to your more urgent health needs

Hope you're feeling better now:hug99:

Back