Is is possible to do WW with out actually joining?!

I didn't see that programme, but even if I had, I doubt it would put me off my food. Most foods have some sort of dodgy background before being shipped to the supermarkets. If we saw all that and were put off, we would never eat anything ever again. I have no problem with where my food comes from. I know it's crap, I accept that, but I enjoy it and that's all that matters in my opinion. I'm losing the weight, which is what I want, so I don't have a problem with it.
It's like the horse meat in the beef mince. Everyone enjoyed it until they found out it was horse.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

But just my opinion again =)

I think you're very right there, I don't like the ethics/process behind Quorn but its soooooo low in PP that makes it nearly impossible to avoid whilst following the plan! And I haven't grown a second head yet so it must be ok...! X

I think you're very right there, I don't like the ethics/process behind Quorn but its soooooo low in PP that makes it nearly impossible to avoid whilst following the plan! And I haven't grown a second head yet so it must be ok...! X

What's the process behind quorn?

What's the process behind quorn?

Basically....when Quorn was launched into the market in the 90s, it was marketed as made from mushrooms etc, in fact it's not made like that at all, it's a mycroprotein which means it will have been artificially grown/made in a laboratory. As I say, if I had my choice I would not eat it all but it's impossible to escape it when on WW! There has been so much written about the negatives of Quorn, if you googled it you would find out in a more in depth way. X

Basically....when Quorn was launched into the market in the 90s, it was marketed as made from mushrooms etc, in fact it's not made like that at all, it's a mycroprotein which means it will have been artificially grown/made in a laboratory. As I say, if I had my choice I would not eat it all but it's impossible to escape it when on WW! There has been so much written about the negatives of Quorn, if you googled it you would find out in a more in depth way. X

Oh great. I will still eat it anyway because no matter what you eat it is still filled with junk. Can't get away from it.

Oh great. I will still eat it anyway because no matter what you eat it is still filled with junk. Can't get away from it.

Are you Vegetarian too? If so I've never found a fellow WWer who is Vegetarian, will be a pleasant change! X

Are you Vegetarian too? If so I've never found a fellow WWer who is Vegetarian, will be a pleasant change! X

Ha ha I hijacked this thread. I don't do weight watchers anymore I do slimming world. I'm not vegetarian but have cut down on meat & poultry. I eat quorn all the time though.....I like it :D

Ha ha I hijacked this thread. I don't do weight watchers anymore I do slimming world. I'm not vegetarian but have cut down on meat & poultry. I eat quorn all the time though.....I like it :D

Many many years ago I did try SW but I have no concept of portion control so it didn't work for me, great for veggies tho with the rice, pasta and potatoes! X

Many many years ago I did try SW but I have no concept of portion control so it didn't work for me, great for veggies tho with the rice, pasta and potatoes! X

Yes its great. WW doesn't fit in with my lifestyle. I have a family and I can't be bothered to weigh and measure everything. In terms of portion control I just eat until I can feel myself getting full but I always put loads of salad and veggies on my plate to fill up on so its not too bad.

Back