is is safe to bake with sweetener?

So what your saying is the SW diet is all crap!!!!!!..... sorry I don't follow you...... do you realise you are actually posting on a SW thread site ?????

I think what people are trying to say is that in general s/w is a good plan, just that aspartame filled products should not be encouraged so much on the free food list. And be recommended in only in moderation at all. i've found that sainsburys do a lovely assorted box of fruit teas that I have substituted for fizzy drinks.

I still don't follow.... then why is SW so popular especially in the states where the artificial sweetner issue was raised years ago, to the point certain products were made illegal.

my view being over weight will increase your mortality rate so if its means eating mullers..... I choose the mullers.

I smoke, drink, don't exercise enough, I'm pretty certain sweetener is the last thing likely to kill me.

I think, just my opinion mind, that these side effects are more than likely to be linked with very high measures of the stuff. In moderation, it's probably ok, or like others have said, it would be taken off sale.

Reactions: Taz
Well said.... all we need is to have members getting worried about free foods ,, that lets face it are a life line on SW. Everything in moderation I think.

Phil x

So what your saying is the SW diet is all crap!!!!!!..... sorry I don't follow you...... do you realise you are actually posting on a SW thread site ?????
It does seem that Feistyblue is dissing SW although that is what's listed as their diet. :confused:

You have to boil pasta anyway so why not do that instead of past n sauce! Make some free sauces and freeze them individually. Freeze chopped up fresh herbs, then when you want a quick meal it's there for you, you can make up a whole lot including pasta and freeze. If you want yogurt as a sauce add it after you reheat it. Use cheese as a b choice to taste!

It does seem that Feistyblue is dissing SW although that is what's listed as their diet. :confused:

I don't think Feistyblue's intention was to say that SW was crap, or to diss. We all know the plan works, however, I do get his/her point. We can interpret the plan in our own way, but let's face it, in our packs it tell's us that Mullers and Pasta n Sauces are free....and so many of us use them (myself included).

I eat these as they are free, knowing that they are not my healthiest option as I know it will aid my weight loss, BUT I will not always eat these due to the crap that is in them.....I think the point Feistyblue was quite clearly makign is that a truly healthy weight loss plan should perhaps not include these options, which I can't say I don't disagree with. It's certainly not knocking the plan.

K x

I had to do diet free of all processed food, including anything with sugar and sweetener for four months, it is possible, just incase anyone is concerned about the whole sweetener/processed food thing.

I don't think Feistyblue's intention was to say that SW was crap, or to diss. We all know the plan works, however, I do get his/her point. We can interpret the plan in our own way, but let's face it, in our packs it tell's us that Mullers and Pasta n Sauces are free....and so many of us use them (myself included).

I eat these as they are free, knowing that they are not my healthiest option as I know it will aid my weight loss, BUT I will not always eat these due to the crap that is in them.....I think the point Feistyblue was quite clearly makign is that a truly healthy weight loss plan should perhaps not include these options, which I can't say I don't disagree with. It's certainly not knocking the plan.

K x

Yes that is exactly what I'm saying, thanks Indieflower.

It is a fact that the sweeteners in Mullers etc are banned in many countries because in any quantity isn't good for you, as well as minor complaints it can also cause cancer. Just because our government is too stupid to do the same thing it doesn't mean that it's ok!

Mullers and the Pasta N Sauces aren't just mentioned on the SW website, but by many of the consultants and in just about every other thread on here too.

Any diet that encourages or the use of any food that isn't natural isn't truly healthy.

People will weigh up the risk for themselves and decide to eat them or not. I was using Splenda in my tea, and over the last week I have switched back to sugar ( 2 teaspoons in one cup of tea) real butter and dropped all diet yogs and I feel so much better already. Headaches have gone, dehydration and sore throat and bloating have also disappeared.

I would rather syn the real foods and cut out those 3 processed things - sweetener, flora light and diet yogs, which means my diet can go back to being 100% real foods as they were the only processed things I ever ate.

I just think its dangerous for people on here to rubbish proven scientific fact. People should be in possession of all the facts so that they can make an informed choice as Indieflower has done.

For me I have to weigh up to pro's and con's in regard to my health.
I have diabetes, high cholesterol and an under active thyroid.
I either eat natural products which is not good for my diabetes and cholesterol or I eat aspartame products which may have undesired side effects.
I don't drink diet drinks other than sugar free squash which does have some sweeteners in it, I drink mainly water from the tap. I do eat at least one muller a day and very rarely I may have a cup of tea with sweetener in it.
I'll take the risk with the sweeteners rather than the risk of my health problems if I eat natural products.

There are many studies which also show that sugar is bad for you so we all have a choice to make. I use sweeteners in moderation and usually Splenda rather than aspartame. We live in the real world and, if it were easy for me to eat natural healthy food in moderation, I wouldn't be overweight in the first place!

Fiesty Blue....

I am afraid that you will find so called proven facts are not as cut and dried as you say..; As I said the scare mongers from the United States in the main if believed you will one never leave your house , you will live your live life in an artificial bubble and never eat or drink anything.
As I said if individuals choice is to loss weight for health reasons then this is a positive move for them. If artificial sweetner is consumed in modertation I rather choice this than death from a a weight related illness.

Reactions: Taz
No one is rubbishing proven facts but people do have to make the choices that best suit their needs whether these are health or financial. Many people can't afford to buy all fresh food and some people can't have certain other foods. Synthetic foods were created as an alternative for these reasons. As Phil so rightly says, sometimes the threat of obesity related diseases is worse than the foods that will make them weigh less.

It's the same scenario as bariatric surgery. The surgery has a high mortality rate but this risk is preferable to the patients than the alternative

Back