Is it bad to not have all your shakes?

Not

I am really struggling to have the six shakes a day i am supposed to have on nupo vlcd. Is it very bad to not have them all?

In a word yes. On any vlcds it's essential you have all your packs

Last edited:
I do a diffrent shake diet. But its bad for me too. There are a number of reasons. So being on a very low calorie diet can be dangerous if not done properly. That is why the goverment keeps an eye on them. And why some of them are not alowed on this site.
So the shakes are fomualted to have everthing you require on a daily basis. Meaning, your body is less likely to cling on to all the fat and bad stuff. It wont need to, with the help of the water it will detox, and you will be using more calories than you are taking in.
when you don't drink them all, you run the risk of not loosing as much weight as you could and also causing issues with your matobalism and other functions ( for girls)

I would argue, that even drinking half the shakes and taking in half of the vitamins etc can be better than what we were eating to be over weight in the first place.
For example, my diet was pot noddles and packets of boil in the pan pasta. So there are no vitamins in that at all.

However, its also about the calories, if too low you run the same risks as people with eating disorders who deliberately try and eat as little as they can. Those can include fainting, as well as then a sore head starting to feel ruff, peariod issues.
Its one of these cases where it is your body, but a lot of people want to be more fit and healthy not just less fat.

I think if you miss a shake now and again it would be ok. You might be able to have them with less water, and drink the water sepretly.
I think there is more actuall evadence on line, this is just the stuff I remember from when I asked about this. :) hope that helps.

Back