is it better to be over or under?

At 1200 its best to be over otherwise you risk going into starvation mode. I'm trying 1450 so I have room to be under ... But that rarely happens :D

There's a really good fat2fit radio podcast about cals and BMR cals. Strangely eating nearer your BMR cals is much better.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You have to change it manually on the setting screen .. But that's in my iPhone ... Touch where it says 1200 and you can delete and put in new cals x

Personally I would put the BMR and ignore the exercise cals and treat them as a bonus

I ate my BMR for about a week to get myself out if the plateau I was in and it worked then I started to eat less again so I eat around 1400 most days

toofatkat said:
I ate my BMR for about a week to get myself out if the plateau I was in and it worked then I started to eat less again so I eat around 1400 most days

Do you mean when you upped your cals you started to lose weight ..??? What happened when you went back to 1400..??

What I meant is that I tried to eat 1600 cals today and found it too much and it made me feel bloated. So I'm going to go down to where I'm comfortable. I see my Dr Thursday and so ill ask then what she thinks is the best course as for 7 months I only ate 600,1600 is a big shock. It's all confusing this cal stuff lol

huwiesmummy said:
What I meant is that I tried to eat 1600 cals today and found it too much and it made me feel bloated. So I'm going to go down to where I'm comfortable. I see my Dr Thursday and so ill ask then what she thinks is the best course as for 7 months I only ate 600,1600 is a big shock. It's all confusing this cal stuff lol

The more I read the more confused I get ...!!!! I don't know know what to do for the best :-(
I think it's a try everything until you find what fits x

Sorry

I'd hit a plateau for 11 months. And I was eating approx 1200 cals a day. I had nowhere to go to without my body going into starvation mode. So I followed the advice and upped my cals to my BMR which was around the 15/600 mark. The shock made my body shift and start to lose again. I slowly started eating around the 1400 rather than 1200 and I'm still losing.

It's working for me so far. Long may it continue

Back