Is it better..........

Fat&FedUp

to have a big breakfast, lunch then tea and not snack at all then have all your syns in the evening, or to have less for meals and snakc in between including syns?? :confused:

Sorry can't help, but I did not want to read without saying hello:)

Love Mini xxx

Doctors say it makes no difference when you eat. So long as you are not taking in more calories that your body is burning then you should lose weight. The time of day is irrelevant.

That said, some foods like meat are hard to digest so not advised too late in the evening or you will get belly ache. It can also stop you from sleeping as your digestive system should be resting and not working (if that makes sense?)

Hi fatandfedup, I have to say I like to save my syns for the evening, something to look forward to I guess :) I have cereal for my breakfast, will have something light for lunch otherwise i feel bloated till tea, then have a biggish tea. I remember reading somewhere that it's best to have your main meal for dinner and then a light tea, but tbh with slimming world anything goes, and you still lose the weight :)

It also depends on if you work or not it's alot easier if your at home ;) x

When I was doing PT, he told me whenever possible to have a large breakfast, largish lunch and smaller dinner and have snack fruit, veg, or nuts every 2-3 hours after meals, so your blood sugar never drops and you dont get hungry. This way you are eating every 2-3 hours. Basically work out how many hours you are up e.g 7am - 23:00 = 16 hours divide by 5 = 3.2 hours.
Hope this makes sense.
Nxx

i have my best losses when i spread my sins out throughout the day. i usually have 3 meals a day and most days don't even feel like snacking. before SW i could have eaten on the hour every hour!!!

When I was doing PT, he told me whenever possible to have a large breakfast, largish lunch and smaller dinner and have snack fruit, veg, or nuts every 2-3 hours after meals, so your blood sugar never drops and you dont get hungry.
Nxx

have to agree with you there - if you learn to understand about blood sugar levels you can control your diet so much better by eating to keep it level and therefore avoiding craving for chocolate and all things bad!

Due to my job I go for the little and often approach. It stops me getting hungry and snacking on the wrong stuff

Back