Is it dangerous?

So I ended up not going to the doctor. I went to the Gym today, and it turns out my friend's mom actually works there as a Gym Instructor. I asked her advice on what I should do, and she gave me some helpful tips, and obviously she knows her stuff, so there's not need to go to the doctor after all! :)

A good healthy diet and exercise is the best way to go for anyone. You should only see a doctor if you think your inability to lose weight is down to an underlying health problem. I think you've made the right move. :patback: GP's are useless anyway!!! They'll only give you tablets if you are very overweight, as for anything else, anti-biotics ok? lol

If you are exercising enough, you should be able to eat your 'normal' amount of food and not gain. Maybe you need to restrict your calories for a couple of months and get plenty of cardio and toning under your belt, to lose fat. Then you will probably find that you can maintain. Am sure your mum's friend will advise you well, but my tip is a brisk walk on the treadmill at an incline (start at 5 and work your way up to about 9 slowly over the weeks) for at least 30 mins. Couple this with 20 mins exercise bike, 20 mins rower.....and remember, a nice brisk pace on all machines. Don't go too fast as you'll wear yourself out and get bored! Duration is the key, not speed or level. Good luck, I hope it works for you. Keep us posted;)

Nat
x

PS - I haven't been to the gym for months (after being addicted for 2 years), but I think you have just inspired me to go back again - so cheers!! lol

^I actually tend to go to the gym a lot, but the one I used to go to closed down, so I had to switch. I exercise a lot generally, so I think it might just be a case of me having a slow metabolism.

Hi :)

How are things going hun? :D

Lacey..x :)

Pretty good. Kinda balancing at the same weight atm because I've been staying over friends houses, which leads to binging. We always say we're gonna not eat junk but then we end up eating it anyway. :rolleyes:

At least I'm not gaining.

Pretty good. Kinda balancing at the same weight atm because I've been staying over friends houses, which leads to binging. We always say we're gonna not eat junk but then we end up eating it anyway. :rolleyes:

At least I'm not gaining.

Hi :)

Well if you're not gaining at the moment hun that at least will help keep your motivation on track. :D

I guess we all binge from time to time when we get together with our mates. As long as it's not a regular thing then I don't really see it as a huge problem.

Keep in touch...;)

Lacey..xx:)

I'm generally a pretty anti-social person, so it's not really that common. ;) I'm homeschooled, so the only time I see them is Saturdays because I spend Sundays with my dad, so it's usually a sleepover on Friday night that leads to binging. Once a week ain't gonna hurt, though.

As far as they're concerned you're not supposed to be having sex under 16 anyway, so if you do and get pregnant/might possibly be pregnant, it's your own fault and you'll have to tell your parents. :\

I know for a fact that is not true. A case about that came before the House of Lords in 1986 (Gillick v West Norfolk and Wisbech AHA) and they ruled that doctors can give contraceptive advice to girls under 16.

So if they can do that, I'm sure they can talk to you about your weight. Give it a try.

Anyway, well done on losing some weight! I wish I could have done it at 15-years-old! Now I'm suffering the repercussions of not having lost it back then.

Back