Is it even possible?!?

Is it even possible for me to lose 3 stone?

I currently 13.8 the smallest I ever remember being is 11 something but at least 11.7 and that was way before my son came along 9 years ago.

I managed to get from 16.13 down to 12.1 2 years ago and I've put a little on, but can I really get to even 10.8?

Can I really?

Of course it's possible, why wouldn't it be?! Do you have any health problems that might hinder weight loss? :) xx

I got under active thyroid which I take meds for an is regularly checked and I have PCOS but I have gone from 16.13 to 12.1 before with both health conditions.

Just reckon I'll have no worries getting to 11.7 at the most but anything lower will be a proper push?
Dunno maybe I'm just being grumpy rather than realistic. Just seems impossible to imagine myself that slim lol

I know how you feel! I started out at 21.5 stone, so slim seemed an impossibility. Now at just over 11 stone it's a reality, so I'm a firm believer that it can be achieved. Good luck. :) xx

Anything is possible if you want it enough (with help and encouragement from places like this and friends and family - even better)

I'm around the same weight as you and remember once wanting to be 9 - 91/2 st as I used to be in my teens. I lost a lot and got down to 10st (many years ago) but the last time I lost weight I got to 11st and felt great, I had a size 10/12 waist and that was fine by me. See how you feel as you start loosing, you've already done really well by not putting all you have lost back on :)

Thanks guys ! You are so right.
I can do it and it is achievable, I just need to remember it doesn't happen over night or within weeks - it takes time.

I'm classic where by I start looking into losing weight, become obsessed then convince myself it isn't possible but doesn't make me give up, just over analyse loads and I guess set myself up for disappointment before I've even started or tried!

I always think I can only dream of being 10st or less, and I know most important is how I feel but I want rid of the baby belly an I think losing a fair bit is the only way.

You are right with the right support and you guys are all amazing I'm sure I will begin to remember all the things I learnt on my last journey.

I just have never been that slim, not ever, i convince myself my body wouldn't even spring back that far nor would I look right with quite wide hips and shoulders......

I dunno. I know at 12.1 I looked great with clothes on but I'd like to lose a little more so I can look great with my clothes off too ( or bikini more like lol )

Tracy you have done amazing! That's real inspiration have you got pics?!

I can only dream right now and try an stay focused

Aww, thank you! It took me over two years, but now I'm there I'm glad I stuck with it. Patience is definitely key, lol. This is the best I've got in terms of a before and after:

1397742977442.jpg

I've lost half a stone or so more since then, but it's just slow and small losses now, lol. :) xx

Tracy, well done you look amazing. I love peoples before and after pictures. I hide from cameras and delete them from digitals - I have no idea why, people can see what I look like :eek:

FatAssasination said:
Oh wow ! You look amazing! How awesome is that... I can only hope I do the same as you.

True inspiration

Thank you so much, you've made me blush! You can definitely do it, hon. I don't have thyroid or PCOS issues, but I do have ME, which prevents me from exercising, as well as osteoarthritis, so my weight loss has been slow and steady, but you just have to keep believing you can do it and not lose heart if things do go slowly. You've done brilliantly so far, you can definitely getnto where you want to be! :) xx

Last edited:
Thank you!
Keep looking at old photos - I defo came a long way but gaining a stone n half has knocked me.

I am determined just got to stay in that mind set.
Thanks for your support! Defo helped day 3 - the hardest!!

There are lots of exercises that can be done if you are suffering from osteoarthritis. You just have to figure out what you can do. Non load bearing exercises. Like swimming and stationary bike for example...

Healthydude01 said:
There are lots of exercises that can be done if you are suffering from osteoarthritis. You just have to figure out what you can do. Non load bearing exercises. Like swimming and stationary bike for example...

Lol, are you an expert on ME/CFS - that's what stops me from exercising, not osteoarthritis, I'm not that stupid. :D

Aww, thank you! It took me over two years, but now I'm there I'm glad I stuck with it. Patience is definitely key, lol. This is the best I've got in terms of a before and after:

View attachment 134010

I've lost half a stone or so more since then, but it's just slow and small losses now, lol. :) xx
wow tracy thats great them pics show how far you have come marvelous x

chezz said:
wow tracy thats great them pics show how far you have come marvelous x

Aww thanks Chezz! I managed to get just under 11 stone on Good Friday, but had three planned days off calorie control, and took full advantage of them, so a few pounds were sacrificed, lol. :D xx

oh tracy thats great im so proud of you ..............my hero my rock when i fall off the wagon that it can be done x x

chezz said:
oh tracy thats great im so proud of you ..............my hero my rock when i fall off the wagon that it can be done x x

That's so nice of you to say Chezz! I'm going through a rough patch with my health at the moment, and that's really put a smile on my face! :) xx

aww im sorry to ear that love but im glad i made you smile x x x:D

Back