Green Days is it good for weight loss.

pos bird

Hi. There is all this hype over low carb diets but constantly buying meat is a money nightmare. My husband is a bodybuilder so the chicken bill is all ready sky high without me joining in. Do people on here have good weight losses by eating rice and pasta. I would have the some chicken/fish as a hexb but want to keep the cost down. Rice/pasta with salad/veg is a lot cheaper just worried that eating too many carbs I won't loose weight.

I used to lose quite well on green the trick is to have plenty of super free on your plate which naturally cuts down the amount of pasta / rice you need to fill up. Drink plenty too to keep the digestion going. :0) albeit i did lose a bit slower than others (1-2lbs a week) who did red but ate plenty of quorn as well which is a speed food so get the s and ss foods in there x

Years ago I did green days and gained lots of weight. I too would like to do them again so I may try a week of them next week see what happens.

Loads on here can eat them and lose weight but of course everyone's body is different

I've been doing mainly green since January and have lost 2 stone so far, I've no idea if I'd have lost more weight on red as I've never done a red day, sorry

Thanks. I know people that only eat rice and pasta and are slim. I eat it and feel bloated but not sure if that's cause my body is not used to it. Confused.com.

pos bird said:
Thanks. I know people that only eat rice and pasta and are slim. I eat it and feel bloated but not sure if that's cause my body is not used to it. Confused.com.

I'd say it was worth a try just to see how it goes then at least you will know I'm going to give it a go like u said its cheaper plus I wouldn't mind a nice jacket potatoe

I have done green every day since August and am 2lb off my 4.5 stone award. It does work!

Ive done mostly Green Days Since Jan 4th this Year and Ive lost half pound short of 3 Stone, carbs deffo work for me as i tried a full red week and weight loss was very small compared to my regular losses, i think you have to try all the plans to see what works and i agree its more cost effective doing green..and in my opinion more filling :D

Well thanks ladies, from tom will give green days a try for a least a week minimum. Really appreciate the replies.

I followed EE a couple of years ago and it worked. I've never tried Red or green. I started SW from home yesterday and my plan is to do a week on EE, a week on red and a week on green. Just to see for myself that it does all work. Then I will mix it up and vary day by day x

I'm a green girl through and through and last time round I lost 2 1/2 stone in around 3 months. I definitely did not have 1/3 super free for every meal and pasta was probably my main ingredient for lunch and dinner. Some people struggle with carbs but for me it's brilliant, the only difference to what I ate pre slimming world is the crap that I used to put on top of pasta or mix into it.

Best thing to do is try it for a few weeks. I wouldn't just try one week as your body may need a few weeks to adjust so give it 3 weeks and see how you get on.

I did green most days over the last week, mixed up with extra easy and lost 2.5 pound last night. I love having the extra hexb and not having to worry if I'm having exactly a third of my plate superfree. Like today was having jacket and tinned mackerel for lunch (extra easy day) but realised I had no salad to bring so brought an apple to eat before hand!! I do eat a lot of fruit and veg anyway but to not have to think about it is nice. I'm gonna do some green days again this week so ill let you know if I have a good loss next week. Its brill for me as I hardly eat meat, apart from chicken once or twice a week and have fish once a week ish.

Hi Rochelle. Well done on your weight loss, that's brilliant. Well started my green days. Eating Brown rice with chicken/tuna as hexb or with quorn. Love it with fried onions, mushroom and then add egg for egg fried rice. Making the healthy food is never a problem, its my sweet tooth snacking in between. Going to give myself a massive kick up the back side and kick start off with a week without sugary foods. Now that's a challenge.

I've lost almost 7 1/2 stone doing green days as I am a veggie. I never worry whether I have a 3rd superfree either.

Ive done mostly Green Days Since Jan 4th this Year and Ive lost half pound short of 3 Stone, carbs deffo work for me as i tried a full red week and weight loss was very small compared to my regular losses, i think you have to try all the plans to see what works and i agree its more cost effective doing green..and in my opinion more filling :D

Hi Lizbif

I am originally from Wishaw - small world. Now stay in Aberdeen!!!!

Well done on the weight loss. I am trying some green days this week as I STS this week and have only lost 11.5lbs in 9wks. (this is day 3 of green (not sure if I am doing it right but hey ho!!! Need to be an EE day tomorrow though as I am off out and it is dinner included :confused:), I am OK with that but would like some more to get my 1st & club 10!!! Weeks are going quick though so I will find out soon enough.

Ta ta x

Back