is it just me

lilpixiesue

or do you find yourself wanting to shout to the world about SW?! I really wish i had joined years ago, I feel like i have finally found a diet that suits me and I can stick to (the majority of the time) and that works. I am still only 4 weeks in but I am loving it so much, i feel positively evangelical about it! I feel like i want to tell overweight people about this wonderful eating plan I have found (of course i never would, can you imaine if i approached random overweight people in the street!!! :eek:)

But i do wish someone had told me about SW 7 years ago when I was first trying to lose weight after having my son - I never really lost all the 'baby' weight with him, then got bigger and bigger with subsequent babies! If only I had known about it I could have lost all the baby weight each time!

When I reach target I am buying a bunch of flowers for the friend who recommended SW to me when i was moaning about being fat. I want to hug her everytime i see her!! :D

Yes! I got my aunty into it and shes lost 2 stone, my mum does it at home and has lost 4lb my dad tries but he is too lazy lol but he did loose 5 lb. i love it i tell anyone i see about it. I hope to become a consultant eventually!

I agree with you 100%. I have been with SW since August 2011 and I have had my good days and bad days it is a very very easy plan to stick with. It is the first time in my life I dont feel I am on a diet or I am not waiting until I loose the weight so I can then binge on all the foods I cant eat - I just build everything into my plan.

I really have changed my eating habits and improved my lifestyle permenantly because of slimming world. Most people dont believe I can eat all I do and still loose weight.

I also had baby weight to loose (5 years ago!!) and I turned 40 earlier this year. I can honestly say I look and feel younger than I ever have before.

3 cheers for Slimming world!!!!

I completely agree with you. It really does feel like a way of eating you can adopt forever and not just a short term fix. I never have to be hungry and I can eat chocolate every day if I want to :)

its not jsut you and not just because you've only been doing it a little while, I've been following the plan for 15 months now and talk about it at every opportunity,

I even manage to talk to patients at work about it lol,

If me going on about it helps even one person to lose weight and be happier because of it then that'll be fab :) xx

I tell anyone who will listen. So many people, including me, have misconceptions about SW until they hear about it.
I never realised truely how much I can eat and still loose weight, and I'd never have believed it until I tried it. I try so hard to get people just to try because until you do try it you just cant understand it....
It should be advised by docs. I know they can give free countdowns to people who are above a set BMI but I was never offered or told about it, just given gym membership, which is so not me :( I wish they had said to me have you considered SW and given me information even if I didnt qualify for freebies

Can't believe it just typed out a massive reply here and my blackberry knocked the page off :( angry!!

Was gonna say I can't believe they offer free countdowns to people at the docs. Do you have to be on benefits to qualify for this? I used the stop smoking clinic at my docs, my blood pressure was always 140/90 so panicked and decided enough! So the nurse set me off on a healthy eating plan, but didn't mention any slimming club freebies!! Once again people who work don't get nowt. Either that or they mustnt do this in my area.

Rochelle1 said:
Can't believe it just typed out a massive reply here and my blackberry knocked the page off :( angry!!

Was gonna say I can't believe they offer free countdowns to people at the docs. Do you have to be on benefits to qualify for this? I used the stop smoking clinic at my docs, my blood pressure was always 140/90 so panicked and decided enough! So the nurse set me off on a healthy eating plan, but didn't mention any slimming club freebies!! Once again people who work don't get nowt. Either that or they mustnt do this in my area.

People who work get bugger all, those on benefits get everything handed to them on a plate! I'm not looking to start a debate on here about benefits it's just how I see it! :mad:

OH yes definately a way of life for me too. Been at target 10 months now! I talk about it all the time (hubby goes deaf when I mention S W)!!! Its like a light bulb moment which will hopefully last my lifetime!

hiya, your Gp has to have signed up to 'slimming on referral' and then they can offer 12 weeks paid membership to SW, WW or Rosemary Conley. If you lose 10% of your body weight in that 12 weeks you can get another 12 weeks free. Its nothing to do with being on benefits, anyone is eligible if your Gp is signed up.

I'm not sure if the Gps have to pay for it somewhere or somehow, I know my GP doesn't do it, hope that clarifies things a bit x

People who work get bugger all, those on benefits get everything handed to them on a plate! I'm not looking to start a debate on here about benefits it's just how I see it! :mad:
Well it was me who started it lol
hiya, your Gp has to have signed up to 'slimming on referral' and then they can offer 12 weeks paid membership to SW, WW or Rosemary Conley. If you lose 10% of your body weight in that 12 weeks you can get another 12 weeks free. Its nothing to do with being on benefits, anyone is eligible if your Gp is signed up.

I'm not sure if the Gps have to pay for it somewhere or somehow, I know my GP doesn't do it, hope that clarifies things a bit x

Yeh that's why I said it could be cos they don't do it in my area, or obviously if my doctors doesn't do it. But it just wouldn't have surprised me if it wasn't available for people who work.

If my doctors does do it I'd be very upset I wasn't offered it :( think its a good idea.

Back