Is it my turn?

How easy has it been avoiding the wine bottle so far @MrsD1888 ?

So I haven't had a great week. I have been cautious to a certain degree but haven't been on plan. Father in law is alright which is good news! I've had a really tough week at work... some bad news on some business we lost and I've also have to let someone go. Such a lovely girl and I think very highly over her but she just wasn't right for the role so had to part ways... so another emotional rollercoaster of a week!! I've also been exhausted, been waking up at like 4am which anxiety over everything that I have going on. However I also think that has partially been because I haven't been on plan and I can see notable changes in my mood and sleeping habits when I don't eat properly!!!! I've been having a rubbish breakfast, sometimes no lunch and a couple of nights we've had take away!

I've put half a pound on and really I'm very luck that's all I've put on.

Been to Sainsbury's this morning so we have a full cupboard and fridge of tasty sw treats and veg. I'm going to make butternut squash soup!!!! I love the barefoot contessa so I have an Ina Garten recipe that I'm going to use and just tweak to make sure it's slimming world appropriate.

I really enjoy cooking and find it very therapeutic.

We live at the coast and we're meeting some friends today with the kids and going for a walk on the beach. I love being at the beach and find that being outside has a very calming effect!!!

I've struggled and I need to find better ways to deal with the stresses that come up in life - however I'm not giving up!!!!! I still have a long way to go and I will do this!

Hope everyone is ok

Hi there Babsie x I've been a bit awol too as work was just too busy. Hope your daughter is starting to settle at the new child minders xx
Yes my daughter has finally settled!!!!! Thursday morning, she ran into their house all excited so it's great that she's happy there now. how's your week been?x

Babsie what a crazy couple of weeks for you, congrats for jumping back on the wagon and try not to worry about your little slip ups you've got a lot going on!
Goodluck xx
Sometimes it's so easy to just slip into old habits!! However the old habits mustn't be as bad as they used to be or I'd have put loads more weight on. Just need to refocus now xx

Yes my daughter has finally settled!!!!! Thursday morning, she ran into their house all excited so it's great that she's happy there now. how's your week been?x

Aww that's good news xx
My weeks going well thank you. I'm at work at the moment hence the silly time! But I'm so on plan at the moment it's even surprising me! I can feel a tiny difference in how my uniform fits and that's spurring me on.
I saw on your post that you're struggling a bit. Hang on in there hunni and keep posting on here, and we'll try to help you through it. Soup sounds like a great place to start xxx

@babsie007 Avoiding the wine bottle was non existent........my friend and I had some free tickets (free meal & bar) at Justin Bieber the other night (Yes I am a married woman in my 30s not a 15 year old, haha) and that resulted in several cocktails, eating out and a few bottles of wine.......then there was the hangover cravings I had to deal with too. So had a few days off plan but went back on the scales yesterday for my 3 week weigh in and thats 8lb off in my first 3 weeks. Not coming off as quickly as I would like but then again its coming off and I am still eating out and drinking wine/cocktails so I really cant complain.

Hope you are having a good week back on plan. I am hoping to get 2lb off this week......just need to try and behave myself over the weekend. xx

I've been away a while and I've the all too familiar low mood the last few days... hopped onto the scales and I'm back up to 19st 6lb!!!! :( I haven't food optimised at all and in fact the last week, I've been eating as much wheat as I can fit in, full fat butter, even sugar in my coffee and blue top milk. I'm a fatty...

I've let my slimming world membership lapse so it's £69 to join again online. As it's Christmas, I'm going to give it a go for a week using google, my books and the managazines (I'm a heavy user of the syn app), and see how I get on.

Why do we do it to ourselves?!

Hi Babsie, you're not alone...I've put loads on with the run in to Xmas. Enjoyed every minute. Mostly booze, loads of work dos and not focusing on the choices. I've enjoyed my beer, some years I've stuck religiously to gin and slim line, just didn't fancy it this year.

Drawer a line under it and crack on.

If someine really wants to drop the weight they will find a strong enough reason to do it and keep it off ( or nowhere near an original weight).

You're still here, surrounded by help. I don't go to classes, do it on my own. Pros and cons for both. I'm only accountable to myself, my scales and the monthly challenges set the forum, with everyone's support. Paying £69 might hold you to account to yourself, keep you motivated this time? It boils down to what you want to achieve. You need your strong reason why you want to do it. It can be emotional sorting that one out, but well worth it in the long run. We are only human, this factor tends to unravel most well thought out plans, even the gurus have their off time. Think of what you learned last year, get positive. Set some realistic milestone goals and rewards? Half stones etc?

C'mon, New Year, new mindset!

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year..

Pleased to hear I'm not on my own @Quins !!! I've still had a slightly ropey week but overall, I've been much better. And I stuck to gin and slimline last night I'm not a big drinker which is good so having a tipple is a rarity for me, but I do love my food.

I'm going to give it a go myself and keep my diary up. We're off on holiday on 30th March and I would like to lose a little bit. Not a massive amount though as I have my holiday wardrobe all ready!! So I'll be aiming for a stone, minimum. Slow and steady, and try not to obsess over the scales this time.

Back