Is it my turn?

Thaanks @Erniie and I hope this time works for you!! You are right though, your head does need to be in the right place. I've been a member loads before but this is actually the first time that I've done it properly and counted all of my syns and wrote a proper food diary. I've always been a bit half in, half out! Laziness I think.

I don't like to have the surprise of a weekly weigh in... daily helps me feel in control!

@Erniie I thought I'd replied earlier but my post seems to have disappeared so I've maybe forgot to hit "post reply"... :oops:

I've definitely needed my head to be in the right place. I've been unhappy being fat for ages but sometimes it takes something else random to push us into doing something about it (and taking it seriously!!). I've been a member of SW on quite a number of occasions and this is the first time I have actually followed it to the letter. And I'm seeing results which is great.

I lost a little bit of weight myself before actually joining (6lb) so it's pretty amazing to be getting good results now. However we'll exclude the most recent 'official' weigh in from this!

I seem to have amazing motivation right now to stick with it. My sister in law is also completing a diet scheme but her's heavily focusses on exercise as well as diet and she's lost 22lb in 6 weeks. As I'm such a competitive monster, all I'm thinking now is that she won't beat me!!!!! :mad: Although I'm very happy for her loss.

Ah no I've realised now that my post was on the other page lol!!!! :oops:

Hopped on the scales this morning and another 1lb off! That makes 4.5lb off this week so far so fingers crossed it sticks.

I didn't have much time for lunch yesterday so ended up having a packet of chicken at 4pm and a fat free yogurt... Then for tea I had baked salmon, baby carrots, brocolli and baby potatoes. For pudding, baked peaches topped with almost syn free meringue!!! They were lovely and so sweet

@babsie007 slow and steady wins the race when it comes to weight loss I think - I always hear that the slower it comes off the longer it stays off so I remember that when I am wishing I could have lost 5lbs instead of 1lb haha!

I'm looking forward to weigh in this week at least. I'm so on it this week!!!! However I'm out tomorrow night at a business awards and I have no idea what the menu will be. I have been keeping my level of syns low though so hopefully it won't affect my weight loss too much.

Thanks @jules1981 - 3lb off so not too bad! I was hoping for more as I didn't lose last week but it's still good. Still 3lb off!!x

Hi Babsie X I weigh every day too...sometimes 3 or 4 times lol! I just can't help myself! You do whatever suits you hunni and don't worry. It sounds like you're doing really well xx

Thank you both!! Yes I guess I'm pleased with both the progress and the fact that I've stuck to it for over 5weeks lol!

Thank you both!! Yes I guess I'm pleased with both the progress and the fact that I've stuck to it for over 5weeks lol!
Definitely be proud of yourself on both counts hunni! Here's to a very successful week 6 :D

Last night didn't end well... !! I'd been so good all day and ended up with the munchies at 7pm. I had a packet of sunbites crackers and 2 small packets of smarties so it brought my total syns for the day to 20!!!!!!! :oops:

I was weighing 1lb lighter this morning so it'll be interesting to see if yesterday will make me gain. I'm back on track today - I have grapes in my back, had a nice healthy breakfast and my lunch was only 2.5 syns. Dinner is already ready for when I get home so providing I don't have any extras, I should finish on 3.5 syns maximum. Maybe that will balance it all out?

I've set myself a target of 13lb for this month as it's a 5 WI month - would be great to get that off as that's pretty much a stone! It's great seeing my clothes get bigger- that's such a motivator on it's own. Putting those trousers on and feeling them nearly drop down. They're going to be the trousers you holding up when I reach my goal weight!!! ;)

Last night didn't end well... !! I'd been so good all day and ended up with the munchies at 7pm. I had a packet of sunbites crackers and 2 small packets of smarties so it brought my total syns for the day to 20!!!!!!! :oops:

I was weighing 1lb lighter this morning so it'll be interesting to see if yesterday will make me gain. I'm back on track today - I have grapes in my back, had a nice healthy breakfast and my lunch was only 2.5 syns. Dinner is already ready for when I get home so providing I don't have any extras, I should finish on 3.5 syns maximum. Maybe that will balance it all out?

I've set myself a target of 13lb for this month as it's a 5 WI month - would be great to get that off as that's pretty much a stone! It's great seeing my clothes get bigger- that's such a motivator on it's own. Putting those trousers on and feeling them nearly drop down. They're going to be the trousers you holding up when I reach my goal weight!!! ;)

Oops! I wouldn't worry too much about those extra syns yesterday...it's what they're for. And it sounds like you're well and truly back on it today and have more than ade up for it.
Lovely to hear your clothes are getting baggy! I can't wait for that to happen to me again! I went from a 22 to an 8...and then back up again! Trouble is I have two wardrobes full of tiny dresses that I can't even get one leg in, let alone my whole body lol!
Have a great day hun xx

@skinnydawn it's so easy done though, isn't it. I'm like a yoyo!!!! But I've never been able to get down to my target weight the way you did. I would love to know what it feels like to be slim - would be amazing. Maybe this time next year I'll be luck enough to be there!!!!

I'd had to go and buy a size 22 pair of trousers recently and I was so annoyed with myself but they're massive now and my other smaller clothes are starting to fit a lot better again. It is a change of lifestyle I really need as there's no other way I'd be able to keep the weight off x

@skinnydawn it's so easy done though, isn't it. I'm like a yoyo!!!! But I've never been able to get down to my target weight the way you did. I would love to know what it feels like to be slim - would be amazing. Maybe this time next year I'll be luck enough to be there!!!!

I'd had to go and buy a size 22 pair of trousers recently and I was so annoyed with myself but they're massive now and my other smaller clothes are starting to fit a lot better again. It is a change of lifestyle I really need as there's no other way I'd be able to keep the weight off x
Well it certainly sounds like you're well on your way to reaching your goal.
My problem is that I simply don't seem to be able to stay at target when I get there. Tbh, I think my last target was unsustainable so I'm aiming for around 10.7 this time which should put me around a size 10-12, which is probably more realistic for me.
Have you joined the October weight loss challenge thread? I've just signed up to losing 8lbs this month. No idea if I'll do it but no harm in trying! Xx

Well it certainly sounds like you're well on your way to reaching your goal.
My problem is that I simply don't seem to be able to stay at target when I get there. Tbh, I think my last target was unsustainable so I'm aiming for around 10.7 this time which should put me around a size 10-12, which is probably more realistic for me.
Have you joined the October weight loss challenge thread? I've just signed up to losing 8lbs this month. No idea if I'll do it but no harm in trying! Xx
I have indeed!!! 13lb is the target I've set but I have lots more weight to lose than you so should come off quicker (fingers crossed anyway!!).
I think we have a similar target weight - I'm 5ft 5.5inch so I've set 10st 7lb as my target. I vaguely remember being at this weight when I was 16 :eek: and then I've slowly piled the pounds on.

You've done it once so you'll do it again!!!!!!!xx

I have indeed!!! 13lb is the target I've set but I have lots more weight to lose than you so should come off quicker (fingers crossed anyway!!).
I think we have a similar target weight - I'm 5ft 5.5inch so I've set 10st 7lb as my target. I vaguely remember being at this weight when I was 16 :eek: and then I've slowly piled the pounds on.

You've done it once so you'll do it again!!!!!!!xx

Ooh! So the race is on to get to 10.7!!! :D

Yes we're about the same height so I think that's a pretty healthy weight for us. I can't see any reason at all as to why we can't do it. I have 2 of my 3 children getting married next year (February and June) and I REALLY don't want to be the fat mother on the wedding pics!!! :(

Thanks @blossom102 !!!

However I have some big disappointment for you all.... I have fallen off the wagon. Not forever, I've slipped off th back and as the wagon is slowing down, I'm climbing back on.

On Wednesday night I slept rough for charity and basically didn't really sleep. I was tired cold and stiff the next day so I ended up having a McDonald's breakfast to make me feel better. (First one in nearly 2 months I might add). Then at lunch time I was feeling even more exhausted and decided I needed to leave work and go home - and I passed KFC on the way. I may have stopped for a zinger tower boxed up meal plus a 2 piece original chicken. Today I woke tired and so sore from sleeping rough - I think I have a trapped nerve or a really bad muscle strain in my lower back as I can barely move. so I had a bacon roll meal from McDonald's and for tea an Indian (I won't even tell you what I ordered).

So 2 incredibly bad days that have made me feel so guilty but not bad enough that I'm going to end up on my massive binge tomorrow again.

I'm looking forward to having a lie in tomorrow and some really strong painkillers after my sports massage today and and a good nights sleep.

I am worried that I have fallen off the wagon but I'm not quite ready to give up on myself just yet.

Hey Babsie! We're not giving up on you either! All for one and one for all! That's what minis is all about...and in supporting others we then motivate ourselves.
The thing to pick out of all of this is that you're HERE, and you've been honest with not only us but yourself. You could've disappeared from here and we'd be none the wiser and totally unable to do anything about it :bolt:
But the fact you're here shows you haven't given up and you want to carry on. It was just a couple of days hunni...let's get back on it now and limit the damage. You've done absolutely brilliantly recently and you can get back there again. I'm off work for 4 days after I finish at 7am, so I'll keep checking in on here to see if you've posted. I'll have to have a few hours sleep in the morning but then I'll be about. Don't suffer and worry in silence xx I have a wonderful friend who supports me and who's also doing SW, and who has lots of good ideas. Her name is @Still slimming Suzy and between us and your other friends, we'll get you back on that wagon. I've told the driver to take his foot off the pedal to give you a better chance of hopping back on :)

Back