Is it normal to still feel so cold?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Bigmama2littlemama, 10 February 2007 Social URL.

1. Bigmama2littlemama

Bigmama2littlemama Full Member

Hi all,

Im 2 1/2 weeks in on SS, and every afternoon until I go to bed Im bitterly cold.:(

Is this normal to still feel so cold, I thought you only get it at the start of SS.

Im still in keto and following ss to the letter.

What do you think ?

Bm2lm xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. WannaBeSlim

WannaBeSlim Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Unfortunatley when you are in ketosis, your body uses the energy it has to burn FAT, not head your hands and feet. So yes it is totally normally (in fact a sign you are stil in ketosis) I have stolen my hubby's thermals and wear them every day and bought unsexy but very warm cosy toes slippers!!!

So you need to get used to it .. sorry .. BUT summer is on its way!!

4. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    i thought u felt this way all the time with ketosis? ive been back on the wagon as long as u have been doing this diet and i am freezing all the time as well :sigh:

not a high price to pay for slimdom though and nothing that a chunky cardi and some totes socks cant sort out :D

5. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

Yep, I am about to start week 5 and I am soooooooooooo cold always!! I love central heating! My gas bill is gonna be huge!! I am gonna have to start bringing my duvet down so I don't have to turn the heating up so much!!

6. Allan G

Allan G Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    :sigh: Even us blokes suffer, im on day 10 and im feeling the chill, my wife is normally the cold one and puts her cold hands feet or anything else on me to warm her up:D

7. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

Ha! That's what I do to my hubby! He is always so so warm! He can walk around the house in just his boxers and I will have about 10 layers on!!!!!!!

8. Allan G

Allan G Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge

Ha Ha i always said women were related to snakes cos my OH is always cold:D

9. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

Ha!! Not sure I like being compared to a snake mind you!!

10. jane

jane Opinionated

Diet:
    cambridge
    Poor old you. Remember this last week has been the coldest all winter. I've taken to wearing 2 pairs of trousers around the house aswell as the jumpers,scarf,wrist warmers,sensible shoes.Our house is old & v draughty & we can't really afford to run the central heating, so I keep the log burner going & look like a yeti. But heh when the weather eases up 7 i beginto unwrap just think how much thinner I'll seem.
    I'm 5 weeks into CD & i do actually think that the cold feeling has lessened.

11. Mandz

Mandz Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    How funny guys - I thought it was just me - I can't believe no one told me about the coldness - not even my CDC!! I have been freezing but just thinking I was unwell - now I know!! It's obv a good sign then so as long as I'm cold I know it's working!!

12. archantgirl

archantgirl Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Now I start my 5th eek tomorrow and I am not so cold. Do you think it means I am out of ketosis?

13. blitz

blitz Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I dont think so Janice I just think that some of us suffer more than others, if you are sticking to the diet you will be in ketosis.
    Im usually a hot person and have had to buy some jumpers as I dont have many in the wardrobe. Strangely in the past the only time I feel the cold is when we go to the pictures and I darent go at the moment as Im sure that I would freeze:eek:

14. ctdexw

ctdexw Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    Me too, am on Day 16 and have been very very cold sitting in classes at Uni where Ive had no control over the heating. Brrrrrrrrrr

15. Wiccan Witch

Wiccan Witch Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    My hands, feet and tip of my nose are usually cold at the moment.

16. AmandaJayne

AmandaJayne Trainee Maintainer

I recommend having a hot bath before bed and jumping in when you are still warm. Also I use my hairdryer in bed to keep warm!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.