is it ok that I am going to be on SS for months?

oh wow!

i think thats amazing that now we dont have to introduce a meal on the fifth week! However, what do you guys think??? apparently my cdc said you would loose more weight on the 6th week after you did the add a meal week! i dont know whats best to do!

:(

As far as weight is concerned, it really evens out. So, ignore anything to do with the weight side of things, and do what you feel is right for you as far as eating.

I kinda feel that I would like to go about 4 weeks on the SS plan then introduce food for a week, just the lowest option of course :p .. I just feel very hesitant about refraining from food for so long and then eating again... as my logical head tells me my body will just pile it back on even if I eat healthily from being on such a low intake for so long ( I know this will take me out of Ketosis) ... has anyone got an opinion on this.. as I think I may need to educate my fear here lol....

I just feel very hesitant about refraining from food for so long and then eating again.

yep..good from a psychological point of view. Sometimes people get scared of food.

.. as my logical head tells me my body will just pile it back on even if I eat healthily from being on such a low intake for so long

Adding a very small meal wont make any difference for that though.
( I know this will take me out of Ketosis)

If you add SS+ (would still have to do 810 on 13th week), you wont come out of ketosis.

If you do 810, you may, but many people don't.

Pedometer says I've done 32,000 steps today:eek: I'm knackered now!

i know i'm OT; but Wow! How did u manage that?? I force myself to increase my step count every day and just getting to 5000-6000 seems like an achievement lol!!
Back on topic... hmm personally I'd prefer to add a meal - it gives an incentive to be good 'til then and also I believe it will make it less scary when getting used to food again when it comes to maintenance.

i know i'm OT; but Wow! How did u manage that?? I force myself to increase my step count every day and just getting to 5000-6000 seems like an achievement lol!!

I usually do about 15,000 but had a busy day yesterday. Was up at 5, had to walk into work as I didn't have the car, then walked/ran/walked/ran/skipped/danced etc all day at school. Didn't sit at all until about 8:00pm. Even computer stuff was done 'passing through' on foot :D

Sorry (almost) OT, we talked about LL milk week last night in group. The counsellor has to make us aware of it, as per NICE guidelines (there's a section in our books about it), but they cannot force you to add milk on Week 13. I suppose they can't really force you do any of it really :rolleyes:

LL never had to have an AAM week previously, as opposed to CD because you are medically monitored throughout the LL programme - ie every 4 weeks you have to visit your doctor/nurse to have your BP checked to ensure everything is OK. This still continues which is possibly why the milk week is not forced on you.

Flobble said:
I just feel very hesitant about refraining from food for so long and then eating again... as my logical head tells me my body will just pile it back on even if I eat healthily from being on such a low intake for so long ( I know this will take me out of Ketosis) ... has anyone got an opinion on this.. as I think I may need to educate my fear here lol....

Depending on what you eat, you won't neccassarily come out of ketosis - THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD EAT THINGS WHILE IN SS AS IT 'WON'T MATTER' THOUGH, AS IT WILL!! But protein and green veg in the portion sizes that are given in the guidelines will keep you in mild ketosis i.e. enough to keep losing but not relying on bodyfat as much as when abstaining, as it's mainly carbs and various types of food-added acids that wreck Keto.

As far as 'piling it back on', if you went from Abstinance to eating the way you were before overnight, then yes you would put it back on very quickly as your metabolism would jumpovernight. HOWEVER, the slow re-introduction of foods as per the maintenance plans cause the metabolism to rise slowly over the weeks, until it reaches a normal level combined with you eating just the right amount you require (which in terms of calories will probably be far less than you think you would need, the "guidelines" of 2000 for women and 2500 for men are waaay outdated and taken from the days when people had much more active jobs, these days an average woman of health weight probably only needs around 14-1600, a healthy man around 16-1800)

Hey dont worry 810 is fab and you actually feel full up??? not hungry and enjoying a bit of food..... only on week 8 but moved up due to weekend away and cdc says 810 is good option, good of the old metabolism also..... will let you know next week when I go back to ss how hard it is????????

i think introducing food is a good idea on week 5 but my only fear is what if i got tempted to put something wrong in my mouth??? Just the fear of a slip off and starting again from scratch is killing!
But other than that ideally i would like to introduce some food! i think?....lol
I am no where near week 5 so i dont know why i am thinking about this:(

Back