Is it ok to have a treadmill in bedroom

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Trash, 23 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Trash

Trash Still fighting

Start Weight:
    14st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi
    I've got chance of borrowing a Powertrek treadmill for free - but only place i can fit it is in the bedroom.
    OH seems to think its not safe to have it there - it weighs avg 90kg and i weigh around 75kg

I've googled this question but cant see why it cant be kept on second floor. Our house is very sturdy and not a new build!

Can anyone advise?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    There's no reason why it can't be kept on the second floor. Is there another reason why he thinks it is unsafe in the bedroom? I have my gym equipment in the bedroom

Last edited: 23 March 2009
  4. Trash

Trash Still fighting

Start Weight:
    14st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi thanks for replying.

Originally he was moaning about it taking up space but when we measured and i moved bedroom around it will fit fine so he relented - now this morn he thinks its too much weight to have in bedroom and might not be safe i.e. the ceiling might not take the weight!!

5. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Ha ha bless him! It weighs less than I do so I'm sure the ceiling will take the weight!

6. Linni01

Linni01 Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My hairdresser warned me against having my Reebok strider in the 2nd floor (it's only been moved up there as I wasn't using it & it was taking up too much room downstairs pmsl)

I didn't take much heed off the reasons as mine is unused upstairs. Her husband is a joiner and there was definitely some issue with the joists or roof or something being affected/cracking? I must ask her.

7. Trash

Trash Still fighting

Start Weight:
    14st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks hun - I've changed my choice to a i-bike now as was too scared to have a treadmill (had images of me coming through ceiling) lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.