Is it ok to have a treadmill in bedroom

Trash

Still fighting
Hi
I've got chance of borrowing a Powertrek treadmill for free - but only place i can fit it is in the bedroom.
OH seems to think its not safe to have it there - it weighs avg 90kg and i weigh around 75kg

I've googled this question but cant see why it cant be kept on second floor. Our house is very sturdy and not a new build!

Can anyone advise?

There's no reason why it can't be kept on the second floor. Is there another reason why he thinks it is unsafe in the bedroom? I have my gym equipment in the bedroom

Last edited:
Hi thanks for replying.

Originally he was moaning about it taking up space but when we measured and i moved bedroom around it will fit fine so he relented - now this morn he thinks its too much weight to have in bedroom and might not be safe i.e. the ceiling might not take the weight!!

Ha ha bless him! It weighs less than I do so I'm sure the ceiling will take the weight!

My hairdresser warned me against having my Reebok strider in the 2nd floor (it's only been moved up there as I wasn't using it & it was taking up too much room downstairs pmsl)

I didn't take much heed off the reasons as mine is unused upstairs. Her husband is a joiner and there was definitely some issue with the joists or roof or something being affected/cracking? I must ask her.

Thanks hun - I've changed my choice to a i-bike now as was too scared to have a treadmill (had images of me coming through ceiling) lol

Back