Is it okay to have more than a 1/3 superfree?

TeresaTT

I only lost half a pound this week which I'm disappointed with and I told my consultant that I'd tried so hard this week with lots of superfree, often about 1/2. My consultant said that I'm probably not eating enough and need to stick with only 1/3 superfree.

I'm still eating quite a large plateful of food with a fair bit of free food such as meat and potato. I'm also having all my syns. It could be possible that I'm not having enough calories.

I never used to lose much with EE but that was because I normally had far less than 1/3 superfree. Perhaps I've gone too far the other way. Has anyone else found this has happened to them?

i find if i eat more superfree that i fill up with water and bloat even tho i drink loads. i dont think the superfree thing is working for me tbh.

I can't see how eating tons of veg can be detrimental, that's if you're feeling satisfied with what you're eating! Perhaps it's just a slow week- I also lost 1/2 lb this week and was disappointed like you because I really felt I'd been virtuous and upped my F&V intake! I was starting to wonder if the fruit had slowed it down- I did have rather a lot of Cantaloupe and Honeydew melon last week and wondering whether I had too much fructose!! Perhaps you should just put it down to a bad week (it's not that bad- remember you still lost!!!) which may be due to your body adjusting to something, and next week you'll have a great one!! That's what usually happens to me- a small one is followed by a big one!!XXX

I've eaten my usual amount of fruit, just a lot more superfree veg and a bit less free food.

I'll wait and see what happens with my weight next week. If I lose very little again I'll reduce my superfree and increase my free.

I really want to stick with EE and not go back to doing mainly red. I was really hoping that doing EE with lots of superfree was going to speed up my losses but things seem to have really slowed down. However, sometimes the losses we get cannot be explained and our bodies do what they want to. I'll just have to wait for a bit longer to see how my losses really go.

Good thinking Batgirl!! I know you've been at this for a year, and I know you say your losses are slowing, but all you have to do is look at that weight chart and see what amazing progress you've made! You should be so proud of yourself! Do you think your losses slowing down are anything to do with the fact that you've simply got much less to lose now?!X

Think it's important to add some fibre as well to your diet to make sure your bowels are doing what they should.

If you don't consume enough calories your body goes into starvation mode and retains fat. I'm guessing that SW work Superfree at 1/3, Free 2/3 etc so that we get exactly the right amount of calories every day, so it would make sense that eating too much superfree could lead to a smaller loss (I think! LOL!!) They're superfree because they're low energy density, so there's a possibility of underconsumption as far as I understand it.

There was a full moon this weekend :rolleyes: . It affects the tide twice a day perhaps it affects some folks water content.

Ooh Judimac I hope you're right- it may account for my 1/2lb loss this week! LOL! You've got a point Chrispy82, but I always thought that your body only goes into starvation mode if you physically feel hungry- surely if you feel nice and full after having more than 1/3 superfree foods throughout the day, your body must have had what it needs?! Ooh it's all too scientific and confusing for me! I give up!! ...OOh I don't mean give up SW- NEVER!! I just mean thinking!! I'm giving up thinking for good!! It's bad for my health!!X

mumtheshopper, you're absolutely right. It was 2/3 superfree. That's made me stop worrying about having too much superfree. I'll just put my small loss down to one of those things. Perhaps Judimac is right about the full moon.

funcurls, thank you so much for the encouragement. I am getting nearer my target now and I'm expecting my losses to slow down a bit, but I hope I can keep up a pound or so a week for a bit longer or it will take me for ever to get there.

In July it's my 25th wedding anniversary and I'd love to be at target by then. Perhaps I'll even be able to fit into my wedding dress although I think I was nearer 8 stone then rather than the 8.5 I'm aiming for.

There was a full moon this weekend :rolleyes: . It affects the tide twice a day perhaps it affects some folks water content.

When I was working I had to deal with telephone calls from the general public - we always knew when there was a full moon!

I used to think that it was a myth that the full moon brought out the loonies (sorry, those with an unconventional way of thinking!), but it happened so often that it was way beyond coincidence!

So I am willing to believe that the moon can affect all sorts of things. Well, if it can affect the tides, which I for one have never quite understood, it can affect us too.

Back