Is it possible to eat too much fruit? If so...

Sarah23fly

Want to lose a stone!
... How much is too much?

When Im pregnant and breastfeeding I crave fruit like no mans business. I know they are free but they still have lots of sugars so when does it become too much?

Today for example Ive eaten about 6 apples and 4 pairs, most of a box of strawberries too.

Is this too excessive to 'work' on the sw diet?

Honestly I have ibs type problems with fruit so cant eat any more than three pieces other wise I get awful bloat and other problems.

I would perhaps say if you are eating that amount of fruit along with three meals a day it is perhaps a little bit much but that is only my opinion. I would need a box of rennie after six apples!!!!

Sarah23fly said:
... How much is too much?

When Im pregnant and breastfeeding I crave fruit like no mans business. I know they are free but they still have lots of sugars so when does it become too much?

Today for example Ive eaten about 6 apples and 4 pairs, most of a box of strawberries too.

Is this too excessive to 'work' on the sw diet?

It really depends on what else you're eating, but as a general rule i would say that yes, thats a bit too much! The majority if your superfree food should come from veg not fruit. If you are eating that much fruit i would suggest either you're eating when you're not hungry, or not eating enough free foods.

Could you replace maybe 4 of the apples & most of the pairs with some salad? Cut up some carrots & peppers, which are both a little bit sweet, and have them in the fridge to munch on?

I eat them both when Im hungry (first port of call between meals) but also I itch for fruit in the evenings. I just want to eat and eat it. I have been too, every night. Perhaps, if I STS this week, it might be something I need to revise.

I'll reach for a carrot next instead. Bummer!

I knew it was too much, I must have known or I'd not made this thread. Its just that my head says 'Fruit = good." so I just give in to my cravings for it. But theres always too much of a good thing!

Fruit is good but too much of anything isnt good for you. If its so much that you post a thread asking if its too excessive...its probably too excessive haha. Switch some of it to vegetables and ensure your meals are substantial. Yogurt can help with fruit cravings :)

There are loads of veggies that are great for snacking on - almost every day I have snap peas, baby sweetcorn, pomodorino tomatoes, carrot sticks, all sorts of stuff!

no one actually knows if its bad for you do they??

no one has the research or answers to prove anything either way.
you will find every person on here will have a different opipnion on it, and it is just opinion. listen to your body hunny and eat what you feel is right. just be careful of your teeth as the acid may be a negative ! less biting the apples and more cutting up maybe and lots of teeth brushing as well

felicity62 said:
no one actually knows if its bad for you do they??

no one has the research or answers to prove anything either way.
you will find every person on here will have a different opipnion on it, and it is just opinion. listen to your body hunny and eat what you feel is right. just be careful of your teeth as the acid may be a negative ! less biting the apples and more cutting up maybe and lots of teeth brushing as well

Except my dentist told me to be careful of brushing my teeth too much when eating loads of fruit as it can wear away the enamel.

Lol! Its all a bit silly tbh - Everythings bad for some part of you if you look at it.

I think general rule of thumb is everything in moderation- including apple!

Today I've had 4 apples, 1 banana, a punnet of strawbs, 1 pear... and I still need to have pudding after dinner which is usually fruit and yog. I have always eaten a large amount of fruit- but only when actually hungry. If you follow the rule of eating when hungry as long as its free/superfree you WILL lose.

Back