Is it possible to have too much fruit???

blubex

Gold Member
Hi,

Can anyone help???...I absolutely love fruit, especially at this time of year when there are so many lovely berries. I'm worried though that too much fruit will be a bad thing....

Today I have had: 1 apple, 1 orange, 1 huge bowl of grapes, a HUGE bowl of blackberries & blueberries....is this too much???

I have eaten other stuff...veg, meat, cereal etc but doesn't fruit = sugar = fat????

Help...fruity dilemma!!!!

You can eat too much of anything hun. But fruit is better than chocolate/crisps/junk etc.. what you have had is easily what i have in a day. Like they say, eat if your hungry, and fruit (super free) is way way better to fill up on than mug shots or yogs x

You've eaten more fruit than i would on a normal day - i tend to get 70% of my superfree from veg & take carrot sticks etc to work rather than fruit. BUT if you love it don't worry. Especially berries which are generally superspeed as well as superfree - they are magic berries!

I'd stear clear of eating too many bananas but other than that you're fine. As said above, far better for you than a mugshot or a yogurt.

Funky_Munky said:
I very much doubt anyone has got fat off eating too much fruit.

There was a woman on the BBC diet programme where a woman DID gain weight by eating too much fruit It is so easy to consume in excess of 500 calories a day in fruit especially with fruits like grapes pineapple and bananas everything in moderation and not eating unless you are hungry is the way to control it

I am also a fruit fiend, just cant get enough of the stuff....xx

I am a complete fruit bat. I eat absolutely mountains of the stuff and I reached target doing it.

Brightonrosie said:
There was a woman on the BBC diet programme where a woman DID gain weight by eating too much fruit It is so easy to consume in excess of 500 calories a day in fruit especially with fruits like grapes pineapple and bananas everything in moderation and not eating unless you are hungry is the way to control it

Yes but did she get morbidly obese as a result?! I know that i didnt end up the size and weight i am by eating too much fruit and i think that is probably true for most sw members. Its things ike this that really get my goat and its no wonder the country is in the throws of an obesity crisis when people are out there saying eating fruit makes you fat. Ill get off my soap box now and go to bed!

Yes but did she get morbidly obese as a result?! I know that i didnt end up the size and weight i am by eating too much fruit and i think that is probably true for most sw members. Its things ike this that really get my goat and its no wonder the country is in the throws of an obesity crisis when people are out there saying eating fruit makes you fat. Ill get off my soap box now and go to bed!

I agree I certainly didn't become morbidly obese but eating too much fruit!
However if you are trying to loose weight and are eating too much fruit on top of your free foods you could be adding enough extra calories to prevent or effect any weight loss.

Try to stick to speed and super speed foods and as always in SW only eat until you are full- you need to ask yourself after eating a bowl of something 'Am I genuinely still hungry now? Or am I just picking?'

I hope not! im new to all this but fruit is my saviour at the moment! usually melon, steering clear of bananas tho x

katy82 said:
I hope not! im new to all this but fruit is my saviour at the moment! usually melon, steering clear of bananas tho x

Don't stear clear of them! Full of potassium & fibre & very good for you. Just don't eat too many!

Thanks for the advice, I certainly won't be giving up my fruit but will make sure I don't go overboard with it now...I think maybe I need to aim for a bit more veg as I have loads of fruit but not so much veg.

That said I had a delicious Coq au vin with loads of roasted veg last night which will definately feature on my menu again!!!

I think it is because I am a sweet addict that I love fruit so much as it is a good substitue for sweets and chocolate!!

I certainly hope its not as I eat tons of fruit each day, melon, strawberries and pears currently being my favourites! Between me and my OH (who is also doing SW) we go through huge amounts in a week (though he prefers plums, apricots, etc).

The way I look at it, it's got to be better to be stuffing my face with fruit when I'm hungry than reaching for crisps or chocolate!

However if you are trying to loose weight and are eating too much fruit on top of your free foods you could be adding enough extra calories to prevent or effect any weight loss.

Try to stick to speed and super speed foods

Fruit *IS* speedy/superspeedy. You would have to eat 70, yes SEVENTY, apples to put on a pound. I doubt many people get through that many...

Fruit *IS* speedy/superspeedy. You would have to eat 70, yes SEVENTY, apples to put on a pound. I doubt many people get through that many...

Sorry if tmi but if i ate that many apples i would most certainly not have to worry about putting on weight cos i would never be off the loo!!!:D hhhhmmmmm just throught of thr latest fad diet now!!!!

Someone's bound to try it now just to prove me wrong :D Roll up, roll up, seventy apples a pahnd... :cool:

Sorry Im being a grouch today, someone upset me on a thread earlier so Im being Ms Anal :sigh: I ought to just p*ss off and do something constructuve but I'm too S-T-R-E-S-S-E-D grrrrrrrrr :(

Someone's bound to try it now just to prove me wrong :D Roll up, roll up, seventy apples a pahnd... :cool:

Sorry Im being a grouch today, someone upset me on a thread earlier so Im being Ms Anal :sigh: I ought to just p*ss off and do something constructuve but I'm too S-T-R-E-S-S-E-D grrrrrrrrr :(

I did go to the grocer's at lunch and considered buying 70 apples just to see...too much to carry though!!!

I was very proud of myself, I walked straight past Gregg's with all it's yummy cakes and went straight and bought a big bag full of fruit!!

ermintrude said:

I didn't think you sounded grouchy at all - you made a good point!

Back