Is it possible to lose 1 stone a month on SW (on a VLCD and considering a move to SW)

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by spf 40, 8 September 2011 Social URL.

1. spf 40

spf 40 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(18.53%)
    Diet:
    Exante Total Solution
    Hi guys, just like it says on the tittle, is it possible, and I suppose usual/likekly that a person can lose a stone a month on SW if followed to the letter.

Im curently on a VLCD (exante) and for some reasons I wont bore you with, im considering SW.

However I want (doesn't everyone) and need fast results as im so massive right now, check out my stats on the side.

Also 3 or so years ago I did a combo of lighterlife and cambridge and lost over 7stones in a short time so used to fast results otherwise i do lose interest.

Your answers would be appreciated.

Last edited: 8 September 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. vanilla_cupcake

vanilla_cupcake Silver Member

I have a few friends who were loosing 3-4lbs a week so yes I suppose it can be done but everyone is different, some weeks I loose 1lb the next week I could loose 3 it just depends on how strict I have been :)

4. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    SW is a lifestyle change not a quick fix. You will lose weight at a steady pace whilst learning how to eat healthier foods, teaching you how to sustain that weightloss!

I see little value in losing weight quickly then resuming the crap diet that got me fat in the first place.

5. BeckyT

BeckyT Always trying!

Start Weight:
    13st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4.5lb(31.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Agree with Shirleen, I personally think that the longer it takes to lose it the easier it is to keep off. I think it makes you makes you appreciate it sooooo much more and you are less likely to go on a massive long binge and pile the weight back on again

Slimming world really doesnt feel like a diet simply because you don't feel deprived x

6. Stackhead

Stackhead Slow and steady...

Start Weight:
    21st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13.5lb(27.51%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting with MFP
    Well you started at the same weight as me so lets not go down the massive route!! ;)

Realistically, no you won't lose 1 stone a month on SW. Nor would SW want you to lose 1 stone a month. It's unhealthy, unsustainable and unrealistic.

SW isn't about fast results, it's about changing a lifetime worth of habits.

If you want fast results the only way you'll get them is on the kind of diet your already doing, every other slimming club advertises 1-2lbs a week. Which will be anything from 4-8lbs a month.

xx

7. spf 40

spf 40 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(18.53%)
    Diet:
    Exante Total Solution
    vanilla_cupcake & Stackhead

Thank you very much for answering my specific questions, very helpful.

8. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    It's not impossible, but if you're not managing it for whatever reason on a VLCD you will not manage it on SW. It's not about short term fast losses but long term sustainable weight loss.

9. chun-ky

chun-ky Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8.5lb(29.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I lost a stone in a month on SW. xx

10. Stackhead

Stackhead Slow and steady...

Start Weight:
    21st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13.5lb(27.51%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting with MFP
    I wasn't referring to the first month of SW when a lot of people lose a stone or more. I was referring to losing a stone a month EVERY month.

Which just doesn't happen on SW.... (my legal brain comes out and tells me to put 'that often' in just to cover my back).

xx

11. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    :D

I lost 6 stone in about 6 months the first time around, then had a breakdown and put it all back and more.

This time I am managing an average of just over 2lb a week and hoping this is it, I can do this for life now. No more hanging up on minutiae or stressing about the odd pound or two or not eating on WI day or taking off my 1 oz jumper or any of that ridiculous malarkey. I am now just learning to enjoy eating properly. :)

12. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    You lost a stone in a month that's different to a stone a month that the op is asking

You can't expect fast losses on a diet like SW you only get them on a VLCD. If you want to steadily lose a stone a month then you need to stick with a VLCD. If you move to a diet like sw you can expect around half a stone a month

If big losses were doable on a diet like sw believe me none of us would be doing a VLCD that's for sure

13. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3.5lb(39.42%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well I know someone from my old group who lost an average of 11 lbs a month on SW. I know it is not true of everyone but it does happen, and she was only following the plan to the letter, not doing anything out of the ordinary.

14. chun-ky

chun-ky Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8.5lb(29.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I am 2lb away from my second stone, (official weigh in tomorrow, though this morning i had lost that 2lb :D ) it is just over two months since i began slimming world!
    It really is impossible for anyone to predict someones rate of weight loss! Regardless of the diet as everyone is different. And i was simply stating that i had infact lost a stone in a month! I have done slim fast in the past, was starving hungry ALL the time, and i have infact lost weight at the same speed as i did back then. Also with near enough the same starting weight. I understand that slimming world dont want/advise that you lose more than 1-2lb a week, but sometimes it happens :D

15. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    2 stones in 10 weeks is great but thats definitely the exception to the rule and on a diet like this you may not sustain that kind of loss every month.

I know there are some exceptions but I think anyone going into a diet like SW aiming for losses like that is setting themselves up for a massive fall. Far better being realistic and assuming youll be a 'normal' SW loser and lose half a stone or so a month and take anything else as a bonus. Realistically a stone a month every month isnt going to happen to many people unless perhaps theyre a very overweight male.

People are just never happy with the losses they can expect on their particular diet. Someone posted last week on a VLCD forum that they were aiming for 7 stones by Xmas - completely unrealistic.

16. bennyj

bennyj Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.5lb(7.34%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I lost a stone over 4 weeks recently, so it is possible. However, I was sticking to the plan very closely and my activity levels were high. Saying that, last week I lost a lb doing exactly the same.

Shirleen was bang on the money though when she said SW was a lifestyle change and not a quick fix.

17. zilla

zilla Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(3.23%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi i have just lost 27.5 lbs in 6 weeks following the red and green days and i started at 250lbs so it can be done although it will slow down now

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. catxx

catxx Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(2.14%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    My friend has just got to target, she lost 9 stone in 9 months! Yes absolutely true. She is a size 10 now. I know that her case is an exception, but she did a shed load of body magic together with being strictly on plan all the time to get there. Something that I think most would not be able to manage for that long. I am so thrilled for her she looks amazing :)

20. mrsthunderbolt

mrsthunderbolt Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(30.72%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world-green days.
    I have lost 3 stone 9.5lbs in just 15 weeks, I have had 2 4/5 day holidays in that time (1 of which was Disneyland Paris junk food central!). Since week 2 or 3 I have been going to the gym 2 or 3 times a week, I haven't been for just over a week due to hol & now I am ill.

I am so impressed with the rate my weight is coming off, it is better than I expected but I also expect it to slow down before too long.

21. mrs big b

mrs big b Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    9st1.5lb(51.52%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I've lost 2.5 stone in 7 weeks I've certainly not been starving myself I've stuck to plan done ee and had my hea & he everyday day had some syns everyday averaging around 6 a day but just not had any days off plan as I've not felt the need to . I expect it will slow down at some point I'm a very busy & active mum of 5 so I expect that's why I've lost so much so quick no other explanation I promise I'm not doing anything wrong .

22. bilsat

bilsat Really likes to cook

Start Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11.5lb
    Lost(%):
    7st2lb(37.95%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimmers World
    I started the last week of April and at my weigh in last night I had lost 3st 11.5lbs, almost 1st per month! Never ate so much food!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.