Extra Easy Is it possible?

C Millan

After having my first blow out weekend of drinking and bad food since starting SW 8 weeks ago, I decided to be extra good this week and do lots of exercise. I've been walking at least 1 hour a day, using my exercise ball at night and hardly using any syns. Weigh in tomorrow and going by my scales I've only lost 1lbs! I'm used to losing at least 3 a week. Can having a bad weekend really screw it up even though I've had a very good week? :(
Thank u
Xxxx

*Shine Bright Like A Diamond*

Dont sneaky peek - all scales weigh differently and your weight fluctuates from day to day so its completely inaccurate anyway

Exercise may not give you the desired effect in the short term and can event lead to a gain as your muscles retain fluid to repair themselves. Have you upped your water intake alongside your exercise to help combat this?

Not using your syns can also be detrimental and some people find it even slows their weight loss, so this course of action would not be recommended.

And you think you have "only lost 1lb"! Seriously, one pound would be an amazing weight loss. its exactly what we should be aiming for even when we are 100% on plan let alone when we have had the weekend off plan. So perhaps you need to look at what your expectations are and what it is reasonable to lose on a weekly basis.

So really i wouldn't stress. There are so many things that can affect our losses on a weekly basis, try not to get so emotionally invested in what the scales say. Look at the bigger picture as that is key to long-term success xx

Exactly what PatchworkPuss said! In our group the people who've exercised most are always disappointed with small losses, then it shows the next week as a hefty loss (if you've chilled out a bit!) so the important message is don't stress, and keep up your amazing progress :)

I think I've put a lot of pressure on myself as I bought a smaller dress for my friends wedding which is next month.

Thanks ladies
smile.gif

*checks my distinctly man-sized hippo pants* Ahem. Lol! ;)

Bit silly to buy a dress which doesn't fit yet, but then again the extra pressure to get to that mini-target might be a good thing! Keep up with the exercise though, often you find that with a lot of walking or working out you will lose around the waist but not always on the scales. Also follow the plan and make sure you have AT LEAST five syns a day, you need the syns, preferably more if you're exercising. Cut them out completely and your body won't like it at all.

Good luck! :)

Last edited:
Agree that a pound loss is fab, sometimes the people hardest on us is ourselves. I'd have killed for a pound loss some weeks. Stay positive and you'll be in that dress before you know it.

*checks my distinctly man-sized hippo pants* Ahem. Lol! ;)

Bit silly to buy a dress which doesn't fit yet, but then again the extra pressure to get to that mini-target might be a good thing! Keep up with the exercise though, often you find that with a lot of walking or working out you will lose around the waist but not always on the scales. Also follow the plan and make sure you have AT LEAST five syns a day, you need the syns, preferably more if you're exercising. Cut them out completely and your body won't like it at all.

Good luck! :)

Ahhhh so sorry lol!

Back