Is it resonible to hope lose this amount in this time?

me2685

Hi All I started cambridge diet last tuesday but complete sole source from last thursday so anyway long story short(ish) I piled on the weight to my start weight from mixture of stopping smoking and medication I was on, absoloutley hate current weight to point i never want to go anywhere etc as just feel huge and so self concious been getting me down and I decided enough was enough, my start weight was 183lbs now 173lbs size 16, I have a event coming up on 20th of July would it be unrealistic of me to home to be 140/145lb and fitting in my size 12 clothes by then?? I will be doing approx 5 mile walking dogs daily and 20min+ on my cross trainer at home as well as sole source thanks in advance just dont want to be setting myself up for a fall so to speak xx

Based on your height you cannot carry on sole source and need to move up plans now. Sole source is only safe when you are bmi 25 + 1stone or higher. 140lb will take you down to a bmi of 21.9, you will not achieve that on sole source safely.

Hi and thanks for the reply :) Can I ask why its not safe? Just curious as my CDC never mentioned anything still got week half of SS Here before i get more xx

Hi me2685

Well done on your weight loss so far! :clap:

You need to move up to 810 once your BMI gets down to 25.0 (Cazza - as I understand it, you shouldn't start on SS if your BMI is 25 plus one stone, which for me2685 would have been, erm - quick maths! - 157+14=171lbs. And me2685 started at - more quick maths - 183lbs. So that was ok, I think. (Come beat me up if you know I'm wrong, Caz (me2685, she knows where to find me :D). You can stay on SS until your BMI reaches 25.0 - in your case, me2685, 157lbs.

So... :) Why do you have to move up to 810? Well, to preserve your lean muscle mass. Once you've burnt off a lot of your fat, your body starts contemplating burning muscle for fuel instead of the flabby bits left around your hips and thighs if you aren't eating much. So you need more protein to encourage your body to carry on burning your remaining fat, more protein than is available in SS. So you need to start eating a protein rich meal every day in addition to your shakes etc. It's important because you really don't want to lose too much muscle - apart from the obvious strength thing, it's what keeps your metabolism up (so you can eat more when you get to goal).

As for the odds of you losing another 38 pounds in the next 50 days, erm, honestly? That would be a tall order. Even with lots of weight to lose, weight loss averages out at about half a pound a day and slows down as you near goal. So I reckon you could lose another 15-20 pounds, tops. Exercise tends to makes little difference to speed of loss on this diet, especially when you don't have much to lose.

But hey, another stone/stone and a half would be great, wouldn't it? You'd be nearly there. :)

Last edited:
What she said :D I can however confirm that exercise has a big impact on inch loss - I have lost a lot more inches this time round exercising regularly than I did 5 years ago with no exercise :)

What she said :D I can however confirm that exercise has a big impact on inch loss - I have lost a lot more inches this time round exercising regularly than I did 5 years ago with no exercise :)

Good point. :D I'm chronically exercise-averse... ;)

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain too me you have both been fab as currently I really have no clue and your right another stone+ is still fab just impatient lol, to be-honest I am more bothered about fitting into my size 12 than I am about my actually weight. I guess just sik of dreading going anywhere due to feeling self conscious. Just didn't really understand when to do what but will step up to 810 when get to 25 for my meal would say bit chicken breast and some raw baby spinach/ carrots be ok? are we allowed any sauce at all with the chicken? xxx

Colourful veg is a no go coz its higher in sugars/carbs.. So maybe swap carrots for brocoli, celery, cucumber, green pepper..

Back