Is it safe to not do AAM?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by norwegian girl, 8 October 2007 Social URL.

1. norwegian girl

norwegian girl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(29.29%)
    Diet:
    slim and save
    Just thinking how motivated I am and cos we don't have CDC here I was wondering is it ok to do 8 weeks without the AAM? I have been reading posts where some people have said it is harder doing AAM week? Has anyone done 8 weeks SS'ing? Any responses are sooooo welcome

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JodieJoJo

JodieJoJo Silver Member

i'm sure a CDC will be along in a mo but as far as i'm aware it is really important to do AAM week xx

4. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Hi there

Agree with JJJ it is considered important to do AAM week and I believe you need doctors sign off if you don't want to do it.

Hope that helps.

Gx

5. slimforlive

slimforlive Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I haven't done it yet, and I feel fine. I might do it for a couple of days in a week or so, as I'm beginning to really crave real food! :)

xxx

norwegian girl likes this.
  6. idaj

idaj Fair-haired pixie

Realistically, it's up to you. The main reason they do it is guidelines from research which state no more than 4 weeks at a time. In reality, it's up to you what you do. We have no CDCs here either, I chose to do add a meal firstly as something to look forward to, but mainly so i learn portion control. The other thing is that the shakes contain everything you need (theoretically) although 0,8g/kilo bodyweight is the usual calculation (for healthy patients/people) and for me thats 51,2g. 3 servings of cambridge only contain 43,2g - i'd have to weigh 54kg (8st 7lb) for that to be right. Thats my target weight and I'll be a skinny minnie then!! If I supplement with 50g chicken (AAM), thats 11g extra protein. But I think it's your call in the end.
    Love
    Ida xx

Mini likes this.
  7. idaj

idaj Fair-haired pixie

grams protein I mean!!!

8. norwegian girl

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(29.29%)
    Diet:
    slim and save
    Thanks for your help and advice, Slim for life I see you haven't done it but will do very soon. idaj I thought you meant grams!!!! Well I think I will see how I feel when the time comes but if I don't do AAM then it will only be the once. Weather is getting cold her in Norway, winter is coming.
    Klem J

Mini likes this.
  9. Gill-cdthing

Gill-cdthing Gone, but who cares huh

I never did it when i did ss last year, but looking back i wish i had, i was scared i wouldn tbe able to go back to ss, and i thought i wouldn tlose as much weight, but the weight loss was the same when i finally did di aam as i worked up the steps at the end,

norwegian girl likes this.
  10. skinnymonkey1day

skinnymonkey1day Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    meal

i think you should aam week as it helps u by eating proper food again just dont go over board hon..good luck:D

Mini and norwegian girl like this.
  11. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    You should do AAMW, if you do not wish to for any reason you do have to have your doctors consent.

12. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

Having got permission from my doc, I'm on my 19th week of SSing. I prefer it this way and I haven't cheated at all so have only had packs. However, some people seem to find AAM fine, I just didn't want to digress from the packs and it has worked for me.

13. norwegian girl

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(29.29%)
    Diet:
    slim and save
    Frejja have you lost 75 lbs in 19 weeks that is blooming marvelous. How fantastic. Thanks for the advice

14. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

Hi Norwegian girl

I've lost that in 18 weeks as I don't have my 19th weigh in till Saturday! It's amazing how hung up on detail you get on these diets...lol! You have less to lose than I had so I'm sure you'll lose it even quicker. Good luck!

15. norwegian girl

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(29.29%)
    Diet:
    slim and save
    Am so impressed at all the losses on this forum. It is great, so happy I came across minimins.

Mini and Frejja like this.
  16. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    AAM week is advised and recommended but the first time around, I did six months of SS without a break. It was a personal choice - I just didn't feel I could trust myself around 'real' food.

I wouldn't actively advise anyone to follow my lead but for me, personally, I felt five weeks wasn't enough to get my head out of 'binge' mode. Mind you, history shows that six months wasn't enough time to get my head out of binge mode!! Maybe if I'd followed the plan exactly I wouldn't have had developed a fear of food, which is what seems to have happened. This time around I'll probably do the AAM week as recommended.

Ultimately, the decision is yours but in your shoes, I probably wouldn't miss more than one AAM week because it CAN mess with your head.

Mini likes this.
  17. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

DITTO!

Personally, i cannot WAIT till AAM week, i'm gagging for some broccoli :D

Weird xxx

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. pippa

pippa Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    i've posted a thread about this, but as I'm here and its being discussed, can someone tell me the diffence between AAM and 790?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.