1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Is It True??

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Charisma, 18 September 2008 Social URL.

1. Charisma

Charisma Well-Known Member

is it true that if you put on a certain amount of weight in a week you have to restart as a new member???

cause the lady that does the weigh in's last night gained 11 lbs and has to do that. i didnt think it was possible to gain that much in a week

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Well-Known Member

I've never heard that.

4. Sandrah78

Sandrah78 Well-Known Member

wow -in one week - that's pretty amazing - I wonder what she ate?

5. Kirstyh9672

Kirstyh9672 Well-Known Member

Wow are you sure she put all of this weight on in 1 week? Did you see her weigh in the week before? I went on holiday for 2 weeks, ate lots, drunk lots and still only put on 3lbs, 11lbs is :eek:! lol

6. rainbow

rainbow Well-Known Member

I reckon I could easy put on 11 pounds in a week, I went away in the summer and put on 6 pound, but I did a lot of walking and swimming, without the excercise Id have put more on. Surely they cant make you re-join, thats hardly supportive is it?! Id just think sod it Im not paying to rejoin just cos Ive gone off track for one week. Did she tell you she had to rejoin? or was it that she chose to start afresh and in effect re-joind with a clean slate kinda approach? x

7. willkat

willkat Well-Known Member

Could it be she had already got to goal, because you can go for free then as long as you don't gain more than 3lbs or lose more than 3lbs!!!

8. Charisma

Charisma Well-Known Member

nope she acctualy said she has to rejoin as a new member. and it doesnt look asif she is at target no offence to her. god knows what she ate tho i think she said she had alot of wine too :p

9. rainbow

rainbow Well-Known Member

Id be interested to hear what the official line on that one is. x

10. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

she must have eaten pies from the moment she woke til the moment she went to sleep! lol

11. zenabob2105

zenabob2105 Well-Known Member

i do the weigh in at my group, no one has started a "new" member, but some have drawn a line under and started from scratch/new on paper for themselves if you know what i mean....

12. Starlight

Starlight Well-Known Member

Wow! 11lbs is a hell of a lot to put on. Doesnt sound very supportive though to make her restart

13. dehli

dehli Well-Known Member

I've never heard of that before. I've never heard of anyone putting on 11 lbs in one week before either though!

14. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

No I have never heard of that either but I do know that if you have been away for ages then it is cheaper to rejoin than pay the back fees