Is oat bran porridge a healthy extra?

judywoody

Yep 28g is a B choice- it's on healthy extras online.

Oh cool...are u sure it's oat bran and not all bran or bran flakes?

Also, I realised that I have to eat a piece of scan bran (cardboard bread) with my porridge to count it as a healthy extra...which I never did!
!wah!do I have to do that with oat bran as well?and is there an alternative to that as I really hate that bread...:-(

Nope, just 28g. It's on the drop down healthy B list from the website- there are BILLIONS of B choice cereals!

I never have the scan bran/ryvita with the porridge and you don't HAVE to, it's just better to.

Mmmhhh....i thought I would have to otherwise it won't count as hex...
But i'll just carry on with oat bran in that case:)

That's a common misconception. On the SW website it says that you don't need to eat all of a healthy extra for it to count. I never have the ryvita with my Oat So Simple porridge- I don't really like ryvita without things like Jam and nutella, which are syns that I'd rather save for something else! :)

Thanks, just what I was looking for. I prefer oat bran, it seems to keep me going for longer.

I love oatbran, think this will be my new hexb instead of alpen light bars.

If any of you have a pack of oatbran in could you have a quick look to see if it's fortified with iron like most other cereals? I can't eat anything fortified with iron due to a condition I suffer from and really struggle to find cereals to eat for breakfast. If this one is ok it will give me a bit more variety! At the moment the only one's I've found are plain old porridge oats and puffed wheat which doesn't fill me up!

Back