Is slimmingworld right for me?

Have been doing cambridge for so long and it's not working for me, looking at options to switch.

Slimming world appeals to me becasue of the unlimited fruit & veg

and i like, quorn, white fish, ince

but

is it possible to avoid white carbs totally? (pasta,bread, potatoes etc)

Hi there

You can easily not have white carbs... I don't -I haven't had bread of any description since I started and don't have pasta now (as it doesn't agree with me) and I have potato only once in a while -I do all red days now -so my heB (the carb element) is used for beans. lentils, cereals..
The beauty of SW -is that they give you the guidelines and you can adjust them to suit your lifestyle and needs :D

sounds perfect, like the idea of muching on fruit & veg
tried searching is there a sticky explaining slimming world
is there weighing and calorie counting involved?

thanks

sounds perfect, like the idea of muching on fruit & veg
tried searching is there a sticky explaining slimming world
is there weighing and calorie counting involved?

thanks

There really isn't any need to cut out white pasta or potatoes completely, unless you decided you wanted to, in which case there is scope for that. White bread you'd need to cut down on significantly, but again, if it's what you absolutely love, then it can be incorporated.
This will get your started.

The only weighing and measuring is of 2 'healty extras' a day, so you need to weigh or measure a bit of cheese, or some milk etc.
But the main bulk of your meals you won't weigh or measure at all.

the only thing i have that isn't wholemeal is potato. bread, pasta and rice etc i only eat brown because it agrees with me better now. the white pasta and rice really bloat me. but i still love jacket potatoes.
good luck :)

I do red days usually - occasionally do green/EE if it fits in better when I am out and about though.

I rarely eat pasta & rice now (and then it is always wholemeal/wholegrain as that is what we buy as a family) and only occasionally potato (when doing green/ee).

I never eat white bread - sometimes I will have 2 slices of a small multigrain/seeded wholemeal loaf as a HeB or I have that as some of my syns. I don't eat bread every day though.

I do these things partly because I am doing red/original days and partly because I am also trying to follow anti-cancer guidelines (strong family history and I am only 3 years off the age my mother was when she died of it).

So, in short - yes it is perfectly possible! Yes, there is also a sticky explaining the plan.

I never eat white bread - sometimes I will have 2 slices of a small multigrain/seeded wholemeal loaf as a HeB or I have that as some of my syns. I don't eat bread every day though.

Probably worth mentioning that multigrain/seeded bread does not count as a HEB and should be synned. Only wholemeal bread can be used as a HEB and Nimble white if you can find it in the shops.

Probably worth mentioning that multigrain/seeded bread does not count as a HEB and should be synned. Only wholemeal bread can be used as a HEB and Nimble white if you can find it in the shops.

Thanks Circes! I didn't realise that. I have only done it once - although tbh I would be happy to do it again (as 2 slices is also 6 syns like a HeB and I cannot imagine the fibre would be that far off - I know I am lax!).

Back