Is SW really the answer?

In five weigh ins I've lost a stone! I've definitely changed and although I'm certainly not skinny, I know I'm getting there. Put all your faith into the plan. I've found that I don't need to have much bad stuff if I fill up on fruit and big home cooked meals. I now love cooking from scratch and in about two or three weeks I've gone from having 2 or 3 servings to being stuffed on just one!
I go to group and I honestly love them. They are really supportive and sharing the hard times and your achievements with people who really understand how difficult it is and can appreciate it that much more is so worthwhile...as is trying for slimmer of the week, month and of course the raffle. You can get some great advice at group and at a taster session we just had I realised that I actually really like couscous! It opens so many doors for you. You can still have takeaways...it might just mean you have a bit less or make smarter choices...I think the only thing that you really can't eat without going over your syns is a whole pizza. I have to admit I don't miss it that much when I know there's so much else available to me and it's so much better for me. I've never eaten so much, so well, so differently and lost so much weight! The last time i lost the amount is such a short period I was starving myself.

SW DOES work...don't be too hard on yourself...you're definitely pushing yourself to the limit and something I've had to learn is to calm down with what I expect of myself and accept that as long as I'm being healthier and I keep losing, no mattermhow small the loss, it's better than the weight I sure would have put on without the 'diet'. I would love to lose 5lb each week but working it out, I could still lose around another 5 stone before the end of the year!

I cook for my bf and I and whilst he might order some naughtier from takeout or have a couple glasses of wine, he's essentially been on the diet as well. He's probably average weight yet he's gone down a size or two since I started cooking for us. It's really not that difficult and I struggle to call it a diet because it really is more of a lifestyle once you get properly into the flow of it!

Tell yourself that you are going to loose at least a stone!
Write out a weekly menu and stick to it, work out your syns as well, then go for it. There are hundreds of great recipes on this forum so no excuse!
One member at our group last night came in and had lost 10lb on her 1st week......
I find that exercise looses inches but not a lot of weight, eating all my syns every day and minimal exercise looses weight! but everyone is different.
Good luck, we wait to hear that you have done it!!
Pete

stivesliz said:
I always wonder how these people at group say ''oh I havent had any syns this week'' - they are my godsend!

I sometimes have few syns but thats because i have got hooked on syn Free and low syn foods that fit into the plan i make a fab tatziki dip and also smoked mackerel paté which i make with aldis smoked mackerel that after ringing syns hotline have discovered its syn Free

Actually whenever I do stick to SW properly I don't often have loads of syns. If I'm craving something I try to stick to fruit and yoghurt first and only use syns if I'm still hungry then, but usually im not. I like to have as few as possible during the week in case my top craving - wine - kicks in at the weekend!

How are you getting on Chloecat?

This time last year, I also weighed 18 stone 12lb and like you, am also a teacher. I wore size 22 clothes, and even those had begun to get tight. But then I joined SW in August and have not looked back. I'm about 2 stone off target, and now wear size 16. People started to comment on my weight loss when I'd lost a couple of stone, so they may not notice when you go back in September, but the important thing is that you will know, and it won't be too long before people do notice.

cat yoyo greaves said:
I sometimes have few syns but thats because i have got hooked on syn Free and low syn foods that fit into the plan i make a fab tatziki dip and also smoked mackerel paté which i make with aldis smoked mackerel that after ringing syns hotline have discovered its syn Free

Is this the mackerel In a pack rather than a Tin. I love that post of mackerel but thought that sort was syn's xx

blonde8 said:
Is this the mackerel In a pack rather than a Tin. I love that post of mackerel but thought that sort was syn's xx

Usually it Has syns and yes its in chiller and in a vac packed packet Asdas mackerel Is very low syn and aldis Is syn Free i rang syns hotline to double check

I completely understand the walking back into the staffroom after summer looking fabulous and slim fantasy - I have it too. And I have also rejoined at the start of the holidays. I won't lie, I would love to look different when I go back, but I doubt that 1st will make much difference. However, starting now gives me 6 weeks to totally focus on me, so that I can get into some good habits and routines before September when the mountain of work and stress hits and the takeaway becomes my best friend.

I am sick of being heavy. I am sick of being the fat one in my department. I am sick of feeling tired and physically unable to manage.

I have failed at SW so, so, so many times before, but I know it was me who failed and not the diet. This time will be different, because I have decided that it will be.

Good luck with it. :)

MarianH said:
I completely understand the walking back into the staffroom after summer looking fabulous and slim fantasy - I have it too. And I have also rejoined at the start of the holidays. I won't lie, I would love to look different when I go back, but I doubt that 1st will make much difference. However, starting now gives me 6 weeks to totally focus on me, so that I can get into some good habits and routines before September when the mountain of work and stress hits and the takeaway becomes my best friend.

I am sick of being heavy. I am sick of being the fat one in my department. I am sick of feeling tired and physically unable to manage.

I have failed at SW so, so, so many times before, but I know it was me who failed and not the diet. This time will be different, because I have decided that it will be.

Good luck with it. :)

I am an engineer and work with over 70 other men and at first noone noticed but two Stone lighter now and wow are they noticing and im loving it :D just give it time .... Rome wasnt built in a day 6 months and 2 st for me i have learned THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES losing weight takes time patience willpower and Alot of comittment

cat yoyo greaves said:
Usually it Has syns and yes its in chiller and in a vac packed packet Asdas mackerel Is very low syn and aldis Is syn Free i rang syns hotline to double check

Excellent. Thank you so much. Is it the smoked one x

blonde8 said:
Excellent. Thank you so much. Is it the smoked one x

Yep it looks like this had to get some tonight after i had talked about it so i had mackerel paté for tea :)

ForumRunner_20120728_191810.jpg
Thats the Aldi one

Omg I'm so impressed its free, I love mackarel but don't buy it cos it's syns, is it free for the whole pack...wohew I'm happy now xx

blonde8 said:
Omg I'm so impressed its free, I love mackarel but don't buy it cos it's syns, is it free for the whole pack...wohew I'm happy now xx

Well i rang syns hotline and triple checked and the Aldi on Is totally free

Back