Is Tabasco still allowed on CD?

My CDC has always said that I can add Tobasco to the soups if I want to, never have but would be interested to know if the advice has changed.

Georgie
x

Officially it's a no-no, but lots of people do use it.

I use it quite a lot. It has never seemed to affect my weight losses at all.

Just as a matter of interest - why is it a no-no?

Steve

Just as a matter of interest - why is it a no-no?

It used to be allowed, and many people used it without a problem, then it wasn't allowed:confused: Perhaps they found that others were having a problem with it. Maybe something in there that could cause a problem. Not exactly sure why it became a 'banned substance'

As far as I know Tabasco has never been allowed on Cambridge, well not in my time anyway, but is/was on Lighterlife.

The reason is the high salt content can make you retain water, and the natural flavourings in it can spark food cravings.

Therefore the official guidance is no.

M.

Cos I can't run the Great North Run! (well technically I can't walk it either)

Feeling a little glum which isn't like me, Jo taking me to Norwich for some retail therapy shortly!

Thanks again Mini's.

This site doubles as a refernce file for me.

Had this precise query with a client y'day.
knew it wasn't sugar in tobasco. hadn't thought of salt.
mind you the 2 drops that you'd use a couple of times a week must be a limited sin. also my gut instinct is to recommend it over Soy sauce which I had to try to dissuade somone from using.

In your experience does a small piece of dried chilli give a better Zing to the soups than ground chilli?

PS
Why Sad Mate? You just won CDC of the year, and justly too!
Cheer up little Ice Moose

I'm out of touch. Has mike won 2007 counsellor of the year too?

Wow. can't say I'm surprised though.

ps HCW just seen your ticker. what an impressive loss. Are you getting excited about moving up the plans? maybe you've already begun ..I'll go & look for your thread if you've got one.

Back