Is the first week really that bad????

amandajane52

Typo Queen
I was planning to start the CD during half term, which is three weeks away as I have heard that the first week can be hell!.

I am a Pre School assistant and will obviously be off work during half term.

But reading all your threads and looking at your before and after pics makes me want to start sooner.

So is the first week really that bad? should I wait till half term or go for it now?

Decisions decisions ;)

Hiya amanda j
I'd say 'strike whilst the iron's hot' :D

The first week can be bad for some, well more the first few days... fingers crossed you'll be one of the lucky ones....

do you have your packs already? rather than waiting 3 weeks, perhaps you could start friday on the packs then you'd be over the worst by Monday... just an idea :p

best of luck when you do start :D

everyone reacts in different ways, I didnt have too much of a problem in week 1, but I did cut down on my carbs and up the water intake 7 days before I started. I only suffered mild headaches on day 6 but they were gone in 2 hours.

Id say start asap and you will feel loads better.

Hi Amanda,

Its really not as bad as you hear, but as said above everyone has different experiences..
As you have to drink alot of water on this diet, i tried drinking 2 litres of water for about 3 days before i actually started, just to see how it was, and to be honest it was fine.. for me the worst day was day 4.. felt like i was getting a cold, wasnt unpleasant.. just a niggly feeling, but the next day i was back to my normal self..

But i would totally 100% recommend the diet, and this forum.. its brilliant, lots of help and advice,

Good luck with it,

x

i am not gonna lie to ya, i was ill for 2-3 days but everyone is different

its not sooo bad, jus feelin like a cotton wool head, n dizziness but it soon goes

if u have the packs the start :)

u have nothin to loose (apart from lbs :) )

xxx

THnaks for your replies ladies.

I don't have my packs yet, but starting on a friday sounds like a good idea, like you say the worst will be iver the weekend, if at all.

Will ring my CDC tomorrow.

How long does it take after the first meeting with them to get started??

Hiya, I'm a secondary teacher so I know what you're worried about! I'm on week two now and I survived so I say go for it! I was a bit hungry at times but I drank lots of water and that helps! I also find the evenings harder anyway because I'm so busy all day and you'll find you don't think about it so much at work. Go for it! Let us know how you get on! I lost 11lbs in my first week so it's well worth it! Just try and avoid the biscuits in the staff room ; ) x

i am not gonna lie to ya, i was ill for 2-3 days but everyone is different

its not sooo bad, jus feelin like a cotton wool head, n dizziness but it soon goes

if u have the packs the start :)

u have nothin to loose (apart from lbs :) )

xxx

Thnaks Stacey,

Think I am just going to go for it, my works mates are pretty down to earth so won't make me do loads if I am not feeling 100%

Hiya, I'm a secondary teacher so I know what you're worried about! I'm on week two now and I survived so I say go for it! I was a bit hungry at times but I drank lots of water and that helps! I also find the evenings harder anyway because I'm so busy all day and you'll find you don't think about it so much at work. Go for it! Let us know how you get on! I lost 11lbs in my first week so it's well worth it! Just try and avoid the biscuits in the staff room ; ) x

lol Thats the thing in this line of work, just finished all the chocs we got at Christmas and now we have a load from easter, the staff room is a real danger zone lol

That is a fantastic weight loss for the first week, I would be well chuffed with half of that.

If I start now, I could have lost a stone before I originally planned to start.

depends if you are on any meds? might need to get a form signed by your doc (from your CDC) to make sure you're ok.

Don't worry about starting...my Mum takes p1/2 and does the diet too. She finds the water hard cause she's teaching all the time...but glugs it back in the evening.

You'll be fine...know what you mean about the choccies, my mum, dad and brother all take p1/2 at different schools so the house is full of choccie!! usually gets "re-gifted":rolleyes:

xx

I was really worried about the first week when i started (last week, lol). I had an exam around day 4 and i thought it was going to be a nightmare day. But luckily i was fine the first week. I had alittle headache hear and there and thats about it, i think. I didnt really feel hungry, just a few cravings.
The excitement of starting the diet also helps you get through the first week because it makes you so determined and i think those emotions overide any of the negative feelings.

I started a blog last week, so if you want to have a read then your most welcome.

I would say start now. But if you want to wait untill half term i would say that until then it might be good to start drinking more water and cutting down on your carbs. This will also help with making the first week easier. I would say the water is the important thing, i was just about managing my minimum of 4pints toward the end of the week and i think i would have lost more if i drink more water.

I hope you are able to make your decision soon

xx :)

I definitely say start when you want to. and the best way to get rid of the side effects is to have a few days reducing your carbs and then you should be sorted. I never did that and the worst thing that happened to me was a headache but paractemol helped that out. I say go for it, waiting to start is awful and this way you'll have lost a stone by half term! good luck

I was really worried about the first week when i started (last week, lol). I had an exam around day 4 and i thought it was going to be a nightmare day. But luckily i was fine the first week. I had alittle headache hear and there and thats about it, i think. I didnt really feel hungry, just a few cravings.
The excitement of starting the diet also helps you get through the first week because it makes you so determined and i think those emotions overide any of the negative feelings.

I started a blog last week, so if you want to have a read then your most welcome.

I would say start now. But if you want to wait untill half term i would say that until then it might be good to start drinking more water and cutting down on your carbs. This will also help with making the first week easier. I would say the water is the important thing, i was just about managing my minimum of 4pints toward the end of the week and i think i would have lost more if i drink more water.

I hope you are able to make your decision soon

xx :)

Oooooh off to look at your blog, had a sneaky look yesterday and am dying to know how your weigh in went after your TOTM post

I definitely say start when you want to. and the best way to get rid of the side effects is to have a few days reducing your carbs and then you should be sorted. I never did that and the worst thing that happened to me was a headache but paractemol helped that out. I say go for it, waiting to start is awful and this way you'll have lost a stone by half term! good luck

Well I ohpe I can lose a stone by then.

Going to set myself a mini goal of two stone by my birthday which is 14th July.

Do you think I can do it??

Back