Is the first week really that bad????

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by amandajane52, 7 May 2007 Social URL.

1. amandajane52

amandajane52 Typo Queen

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    I was planning to start the CD during half term, which is three weeks away as I have heard that the first week can be hell!.

I am a Pre School assistant and will obviously be off work during half term.

But reading all your threads and looking at your before and after pics makes me want to start sooner.

So is the first week really that bad? should I wait till half term or go for it now?

Decisions decisions ;)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Geri

Geri Gold Member

Hiya amanda j
    I'd say 'strike whilst the iron's hot' :D

The first week can be bad for some, well more the first few days... fingers crossed you'll be one of the lucky ones....

do you have your packs already? rather than waiting 3 weeks, perhaps you could start friday on the packs then you'd be over the worst by Monday... just an idea :p

best of luck when you do start :D

4. blitz

blitz Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    everyone reacts in different ways, I didnt have too much of a problem in week 1, but I did cut down on my carbs and up the water intake 7 days before I started. I only suffered mild headaches on day 6 but they were gone in 2 hours.

Id say start asap and you will feel loads better.

5. canaryellow

canaryellow Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    Hi Amanda,

Its really not as bad as you hear, but as said above everyone has different experiences..
    As you have to drink alot of water on this diet, i tried drinking 2 litres of water for about 3 days before i actually started, just to see how it was, and to be honest it was fine.. for me the worst day was day 4.. felt like i was getting a cold, wasnt unpleasant.. just a niggly feeling, but the next day i was back to my normal self..

But i would totally 100% recommend the diet, and this forum.. its brilliant, lots of help and advice,

Good luck with it,

x

6. stacey

stacey i love minimins me :)

i am not gonna lie to ya, i was ill for 2-3 days but everyone is different

its not sooo bad, jus feelin like a cotton wool head, n dizziness but it soon goes

if u have the packs the start :)

u have nothin to loose (apart from lbs :) )

xxx

7. amandajane52

amandajane52 Typo Queen

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    THnaks for your replies ladies.

I don't have my packs yet, but starting on a friday sounds like a good idea, like you say the worst will be iver the weekend, if at all.

Will ring my CDC tomorrow.

How long does it take after the first meeting with them to get started??

8. Em_Butterfly

Em_Butterfly Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st3lb(35.08%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hiya, I'm a secondary teacher so I know what you're worried about! I'm on week two now and I survived so I say go for it! I was a bit hungry at times but I drank lots of water and that helps! I also find the evenings harder anyway because I'm so busy all day and you'll find you don't think about it so much at work. Go for it! Let us know how you get on! I lost 11lbs in my first week so it's well worth it! Just try and avoid the biscuits in the staff room ; ) x

9. amandajane52

amandajane52 Typo Queen

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Thnaks Stacey,

Think I am just going to go for it, my works mates are pretty down to earth so won't make me do loads if I am not feeling 100%

10. amandajane52

amandajane52 Typo Queen

Diet:
    Cambridge diet

lol Thats the thing in this line of work, just finished all the chocs we got at Christmas and now we have a load from easter, the staff room is a real danger zone lol

That is a fantastic weight loss for the first week, I would be well chuffed with half of that.

If I start now, I could have lost a stone before I originally planned to start.

11. stacey

stacey i love minimins me :)

i met my cdc and got my packs same day, so u can start as soon as u see her :)
    good luck n keep posting

xxx

12. amandajane52

amandajane52 Typo Queen

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    THanks Stacey, do I not need a medical examination or something?

13. Coley

Coley Re-starter

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(16.75%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    depends if you are on any meds? might need to get a form signed by your doc (from your CDC) to make sure you're ok.

Don't worry about starting...my Mum takes p1/2 and does the diet too. She finds the water hard cause she's teaching all the time...but glugs it back in the evening.

You'll be fine...know what you mean about the choccies, my mum, dad and brother all take p1/2 at different schools so the house is full of choccie!! usually gets "re-gifted":rolleyes:

xx

14. amandajane52

amandajane52 Typo Queen

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Wow that sounds like a heck of a lot of chocs.

Might start re-gifting them myself ;)

15. Coley

Coley Re-starter

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(16.75%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    yeah....constant full old wardrobe. Saves a fortune for easy pressies and thank you's though!!:D

16. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I think i was one of the lucky one didn't have any side effect at all, everyone is different....Just make you you drink plenty of water it really does help....xxx

17. That's_So_Fetch

That's_So_Fetch Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I was really worried about the first week when i started (last week, lol). I had an exam around day 4 and i thought it was going to be a nightmare day. But luckily i was fine the first week. I had alittle headache hear and there and thats about it, i think. I didnt really feel hungry, just a few cravings.
    The excitement of starting the diet also helps you get through the first week because it makes you so determined and i think those emotions overide any of the negative feelings.

I started a blog last week, so if you want to have a read then your most welcome.

I would say start now. But if you want to wait untill half term i would say that until then it might be good to start drinking more water and cutting down on your carbs. This will also help with making the first week easier. I would say the water is the important thing, i was just about managing my minimum of 4pints toward the end of the week and i think i would have lost more if i drink more water.

I hope you are able to make your decision soon

xx :)

18. EmMUK

EmMUK Trying Hard!

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    22st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(12%)
    Diet:
    Tony Ferguson
    I definitely say start when you want to. and the best way to get rid of the side effects is to have a few days reducing your carbs and then you should be sorted. I never did that and the worst thing that happened to me was a headache but paractemol helped that out. I say go for it, waiting to start is awful and this way you'll have lost a stone by half term! good luck

19. amandajane52

amandajane52 Typo Queen

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Thanks Mandi,

I am off to see my CDC tomorrow and will get loads of bottles of water on my way back :)

20. amandajane52

amandajane52 Typo Queen

Diet:
    Cambridge diet

Oooooh off to look at your blog, had a sneaky look yesterday and am dying to know how your weigh in went after your TOTM post

21. amandajane52

amandajane52 Typo Queen

Diet:
    Cambridge diet

Well I ohpe I can lose a stone by then.

Going to set myself a mini goal of two stone by my birthday which is 14th July.

Do you think I can do it??

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.