Is the starter kit a must have?

Principessa N

Minimins Addict
I'm deff going to start but i was just wondering if the starter kit was essential. I'm a fussy bugger and will prop only drink choccy and caramel shakes. Is there anything in the kit you can't buy seperatly?
I'm very excited about starting the diet but worried i won't like the shakes as i hated slim fast and cambridge diet shakes. But i so desperatly wanna lose weight.
Also what does everyone have for there meal and snacks?

Hi Nilo,

I think you can buy everything in the starter pack separately. It's just a bit cheaper buying it together. But obviously if you won't like most of the flavours, you're probably best of buying things separately.

I think the CS Program Guide is quite a good thing to buy, but to be honest you can find most of the info online! I just like reading it from time to time when I am offline to keep my motivation alive! He he! :)

I normally have 1/2 a CS bar or some fruit for snacks. Be careful though, some fruits are not allowed cos of their higher carb content. I think bananas, kiwi fruit and pineapples etc are not allowed.

For my main meal I normally have chicken, grilled fish, tofu with stir fry vegetables. It's what I normally eat but without the rice.

When are you starting? How much weight do you want to lose?

Good luck and have a great week!

Love Lisa :)

PS: The caramel shakes taste lovely! :D

I'm hoping to pick it up today and start tomorrow, as i want to start while i'm motivated. I want/need to lose about 10 stone, i'm getting married in October and want to try and be as close to a size 16 as poss, i'm a 26/28 at the mo. I work 11 hr shifts at work so i'm thinking this diet will be good.

I'm sure you will be able to reach your goal, Nilo! :)

I just tried to post a comment on your blog but couldn't remember my Google password! I know...I'm useless!

Just wanted to say congratulations on getting a new job!

New job = New clothes = New Slim Nilo = Happy Nilo! Yay! :D

Let us know how you get on. Remember to eat every 2 - 3 hours during the day.

Love Lisa

i didnt buy the starter kit i mixed the shakes in my blender and anything i needed to know i found on line

i didnt get starter kit as i only like choc shakes or strawberry mixed with choc shakes. i did buy the shaker just cos im a lazy student and can be bothered to blend and clean it haha, good luck!

strawberry mixed with choc not some thing id have thought of lol, i use the blender cos i bought one on a whim and now have to be seen to use it lol

welcome to the diet..

when i started i bought a shaker and a pack of strawberry shakes and a pack of choccy shakes. im really fussy and heard bad review about the soups and bars!

btw you cant get caramel shakes anywhere online so youd have to get them in a shop!!!

Can you buy the instruction book separately?

I never used my shaker - it's worth it to be able to sample the different shakes. I think the shakes are really nice and creamy and they don't taste anything like the LL or CD Shakes. You also get 2 x "free" soups in the packs (which admittedly I wasn't fond of).

Good luck

Hey Yo-Yo,

Yes, you can buy the instruction booklet separately. It costs about £5.

The soups were horrible. I normally like chicken soup but I couldn't stomach the CS one!

Thanks guys, well i did buy the starter kit, mainly because they had no chocolate ones left. But at least it will give me a chance to try them. I've read the book and i have a few questions.
Is there a limit to how many carbs we can have a day? or do we have to cut it out all together? what kind of meals do you have? i don't eat much veg so i'm a little worried about how i'll manage. Is there a calorie limit for the meal? Well i'll be starting tomorrow so no going back now.

Back