Is there a certain food you just won't allow yourself to have?

Cheese!! 28g is soooo not enough for me. I used to love it with olives crusty bread and some rose. Miss it so much :(

I can't eat lots of bread anymore even if I wanted to (gastric band) I do miss brie ad chocolate chip cookies though :)

Mrs V said:
I can't eat lots of bread anymore even if I wanted to (gastric band) I do miss brie ad chocolate chip cookies though :)

How long have you got your band in? I had mine emptied when I was pregnant and I'm not getting it filled again, I hate it! Absolutely loving being able to eat more r less what I want at SW, I couldn't go back to the band diet EVER! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I thought I'd be ok with bread but have realised I need to go cold turkey on it and eliminate it! I just find itself wanting more, and using syns then going over!

Cakes are a bit of a downfall even though I don't have much of a sweet tooth. Oh and cereal late at night!

I avoid bread as it bloats me and if i have some i buy a loaf take 2 slices out and give the rest to my brother to take home if the loaf sat in my kitchen it wouldn't last the night!

Pate!!! Pate has to be thickly splodged onto fresh crusty bread and eaten in copious amounts until you simply cannot eat any more. It is also customary to swill equally vast amounts of red wine to fully appreciate the experience..... Ahhhhhh I miss pate...

White bread + Lurpak!

In fact the two are clearly related. Portion control being a major issue!

As it goes, I now have the small wholemeal and maximum of 2 slices per day (or 3 if WW Brown Danish).

I am currently 12 days through a "no-bread -in-August" challenge.

Other things I have cut out altogether are Pies, & sausage rolls - as you can imagine bread & pastry products were responsible for my problems in the first place!

I find it so much easier and less tempting to do without altogether rather than ration.

Besides, although very tasty, white bread, Lurpak, pies & sausage rolls have little nutritional value.

Funky_Munky said:
I feel a bit like that with things, i cant do just one slice of pizza im afraid! Its easier to go without..

Know what you mean - though for some reason i can completely manage to have 'just' 1 chocolate bar, or 28g cheese - in fact i stopped buying the reduced fat one as 42g was just too much. I can't eat white bread at all anymore - makes me feel ill, and butter i could always live without so no change there.

Nope. There's nothing I restrict from my diet and that's one of the thugs I'm loving about SW that nothing is forbidden. The one thing I couldn't imagine giving up is butter. Marge just tastes like eating a tub of fat so prefer to syn butter.

I don't restrict a thing! I still have bread, crisps, sweets and chocolate! All within daily syns. I mean I saved all my syns for today so I could spend all 15 on 125ml of Ben & Jerry's cookie dough ice-cream! :) yumm!!

Loads
Bread
Milk
Tomato ketchup
Biscuits
Crisps
Chocolate
Pizza
Crisp
Mayo
Normal cheese ( I have babybel light )
Takeaways
alcohol
Margarine
But I'm only 3.5 weeks into this so might cave at some point lol

I don't allow myself bread (unless it's a treat),chocolate or crisps...if I start eating them I can't stop. Which is y I'm finding school holidays a breeze-cos I don't have to buy the stuff for pack ups :)

Crisps because I have no control. I did have one (yes 1 crisp) yesterday but if i had a packet then I would want more.

Peanut butter - can't even have it in the house.

Im def with you on bread and choc- cant live without it (in small doses obliviously) but the 2 foods I dnt allow myself under any circumstances is cheese and butter - they truly are the devils foods lol

Chocolate for me because once I start I want more and more and more! I'm fine without it, and have only had one bar since 1st March and not missing it at all. But if I have some I'll crave it again for days so I just try not to go there!

Loads
Bread
Milk
Tomato ketchup
Biscuits
Crisps
Chocolate
Pizza
Crisp
Mayo
Normal cheese ( I have babybel light )
Takeaways
alcohol
Margarine
But I'm only 3.5 weeks into this so might cave at some point lol

Wow Mrs Big B!!

That is some undertaking there and very, very hardcore!

That will guarantee some spectacular losses but I do hope you introduce some low-syn versions for your own sanity lol.

IT's not that i avoid bread, i just don't seem to want it. The only time i use it at the moment is for breadcrumbs to coat my slimming world KJC :D
I do avoid chocolate, I don't allow myself any. It's my biggest down fall, and i just can't seem to have one square, but must eat a giant bar :eek:.

Back