is there a cheap way of doing a vlcd

Thinking about it you are only paying £1.75 (ish) per meal!

Before I did the diet I added up all the meal's, takeaways, snack's, drinks (we have an onsite starbuck's), other drinks (eg wine etc) that I buy in a week. Added in the fact that OH would not have takeaways just for him & also he would cut down on snack's as we were not "popping" to the shop so often. Personally it decreased my weekly bill. Then following the diet you spend less on your conventional food so you are saving again! Try it! Even if it is a bit more than your weekly shop - is the extra worth it for the change in your life?

Good Luck
Nicky
CDC Swindon

I have looked in to this a little, the only thing I can suggest is protein powder mix (you can get it a holland and barrett) taken with ss milk and a quality multi-vit tablet which contains everything inc oils you need.
xx

This has been asked before and there seems to be a lot of different answers.
However none offer the long term vitamins and minerals that are in the cambridge or lighterlife packs and you could be putting your health at risk.
They are formulated for "long" term use to be able to lose it safely.
Which is why a lot of other replacement meals cannot be used as sole source and have to have a meal a day.
Only my opinion.

Lipotrim costs me £36 per week, that is less than I would spend on food and drink.

[quote=sassey50kg;695402]I have looked in to this a little, the only thing I can suggest is protein powder mix (you can get it a holland and barrett) taken with ss milk and a quality multi-vit tablet which contains everything inc oils you need.
xx[/quote]
What is the carb content of this?

Hi

I am going it alone on a VLCD in order to keep the cost down. I have recently started and am using ultralife shakes (from the ultralife website). I combine these with a high protein soup when I want something hot and savoury and take multivitamins (although the shakes have everything you need for optimum nutrition- I did try ultralife’s multivitamin drink called max but it makes me sick about 5 mins after taking). I heard about these shakes from my sister ( she is a serious triathlete and the sickening image of perfection) as she uses them when she is injured to prevent weight gain.

hi
im thinking of trying these high protein low carb shakes as i really need to lose a bit of weight but i go on holiday in 25 days so i dont have time to join any clubs.
i have done LL before so i know how it works.
has anyone had any luck with these shakes?

Thinking about it you are only paying £1.75 (ish) per meal!

Before I did the diet I added up all the meal's, takeaways, snack's, drinks (we have an onsite starbuck's), other drinks (eg wine etc) that I buy in a week. Added in the fact that OH would not have takeaways just for him & also he would cut down on snack's as we were not "popping" to the shop so often. Personally it decreased my weekly bill. Then following the diet you spend less on your conventional food so you are saving again! Try it! Even if it is a bit more than your weekly shop - is the extra worth it for the change in your life?

Good Luck
Nicky
CDC Swindon
Hi Nicky, you're really near me! I live in Old Town. As soon as you said 'on site Starbucks' it rang a bell! The canteen there is amazing - I couldn't work in that building, I'd be the size of a house!

Back