Is there any males starting or on the plan at the moment? / second time syndrome

GiveItAgo

Hey All

I am new to posting on the forum but it has helped me on my journey but have been reading the forums since I started my journey. I started TFR in early September and was on TFR until late October. I'm a male 5'7 and started off at 14st 8lb. I got my weight down to 12'st 1lb (the lightest I can even remember been), after re-feed I choose to go down the maintenance route and have been around 12st 5st, I have lost the plot over Christmas and New Year and have shot up to 12st 13lb.

I am going to give TFR ago again, today is my first day and it is 100 times harder than the first time I did it.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Otap

Hello Otap, I'm sure you've already sussed from my user name I'm not male. There are a couple of men on here but they tend not to post as much as all the ladies. Well done on your successful weightloss last time round. I'm seriously thinking of using the maintenance products when I reach my goal so its nice to hear that you kept at moreorless your goal weight using them, until the madness of Xmas hit! How did you do it? Did you have a healthy meal each evening? Lipotrim is much harder the second time around as your body is fighting against it. Hang in there and it will pass. You won't need to be on it long to lose your final stone.

Hello and welcome
As busy mum has said there is not alot of men on here. I have been doing lipotrim on and off from June last year. I was 17 stone and am now in the 12th. I am back on lipotrim as of today and this is my fourth time or something have lost count now as I have done refeed etc then back on it. Too many times. Want to get to 10 stone.

My fiancé started lipotrim in August. And has been on and off it now also. He has lost a total off 5 stone. An put weight back on alot of Xmas so he will be going on it again tomorrow. He is 6 foot 5 and in the 20s tho so different from you.
He can't wait to get below the 20 stone mark.

So well done for al you have achieved. It's brilliant. X

Drink loads of water and try to keep positive. Food will always be there. That's what I need to keep thinking also. Upwards and inwards my new motto !! X

Well I'm a 31 year old male, who since loosing my dad 2 years ago have managed to pile on 25KGS!!:(
Today is my 1st day on lipotrim and I have alot to loose!

Hey, Many thanks for the responses.

Day two and I am starting to feel in a better state of mind than the dread of re-starting like I had yesterday.

Busy Mum, I found Maintenance to be a bit of a struggle, the are a couple of reasons for this, I very seldom eat much fruit or veg in the past, salad has always been a no go for me. I found it difficult to adapt to this. I stuck to the two shakes a day and one meal in the evening, either meat and fish with some veg or rocket. but felt at times very hungry during the day and would often stray a bit and have some rice cakes. Congrats on the weight loss to date.

Thanks for the advice Lady Kate.

Osteo, sorry to hear about the passing of your dad. How did you find your first day on TFR? Yesterday was a struggle for me but I managed to get through the day. I drank about five litres of water so I was out of the office to the toilet every two minutes. Nobody in the office knows the programme that I am on as I don't want them giving there opinions etc. If I can help you out let me know.

You may have a lot to loose but if you can stick to it it will fall off you. I couldn't believe the feel good factor when on TFR, I has some good results. week one -8lb, week two -7lb, week three -5lb, week four -3.5. I tried to exercise by running in the first three day and it was not a good idea as I was weak and dizzy, but after day three in introduced exercise into my routine and it helped.

If you come across any hurdles. Just post here. We'll help as much as we can. I'm on week 4 now. I find doing power walks most beneficial.

Hi Otap

I'm a bloke and today is Day One.

I bought the first supply about 4 months ago and since then have kept finding excuses not to start. I

I'm working from home for a couple of days this week so reckon it's a good time to start and I'll be able to get over the initial hump without shouting or abusing my colleagues in the office. I stopped smoking three years ago by going cold turkey and I know what a bad tempered git I was at the time and I expect withdrawing from food will be similar.

My plan is to stick with Lipotrim for one month as a sort of trial and see what happens to my body as I'm sure if I just exercised more and ate less fat, I'd lose weight.
It's difficult to do that as middle age creeps in and two children keep me busy.

The thing that worries me a lot is the anticipated bad breath - I work around people all day and it's kind of important to be credible but I see lots of breath discussions on the forum.

Keep in touch. You too, Osteo.

Hi blxm,

Good look with starting, the first couple of days are hard, the first time around I did it with my partner so things where that bit easier. I find if I drink plenty of water (yesterday I drank five litres) that takes away the hunger pangs but it has me out of the office and off to the toilet a couple of times each hour.

Regarding the bad breath issue I used the fresh breath strips that you can get from the Pharmacy where you got you sachets. I also brush my teeth during the day. As tempting as it maybe if you think you breath is not as fresh as it should be, try not to be tempted to eat chewing, mints or swallow mouthwash, this may bring you out of ketosis.

I found when I got into the swing of TFR I didn't want to come off it but after seven weeks I did re-feed. The combination of Liptotrim and exercise will speed up the process. I had not been to the gym for a couple of years and I am now doing 6-8 sessions a week as I have got some of my confidence back.

What time are you gents having your two shakes at? I found around 12-1pm and 7-8pm worked best for me.

After reading the forum for months during this process it makes things easier by sharing your idea and thoughts with fellow minded people.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Otap

Well guys, day 1 is over, so far not too bad, feel bloated from all the liquid and constantly running to the loo!

I had my 1st one at 11am and second one at 6pm, that seems to work ok for me, 1 day down plenty more to go!

Day three in the Lipotrim household...I've done LT before so giving it another crack (need to master the refeeding stage)
17 stone 13 lbs (rugby build) and want to get down to 15 stone again

I've just started today and am just going to bunker down over the weekend to get over the expected rough few days, hopefully be over the worst for the return to work next week.

I'm keen to get back to exercising as I usually do a lot of cycling, work commutes, sportives etc, endurance more than speed, going to play it by ear and see when the energy levels normalise.

Going as expected so far, on day 4 at the moment and had what I hope was the worst point last night (restless, headache, lack of sleep)

Ok had to travel to get weighed in for my first week (6 days) and pick up another weeks supply
Managed to lose 15lbs (17st 13lb down to 16st 10 lb)- Happy with that
I am debating doing a refeed from tomorrow (back to work) as I found it really tough this time round? And switching to another diet (JUDDD?)
I admire those who have done several weeks/months! WOW:cool:

In response to when I take the shakes- Otap's 12-1pm and 7-8pm routine works for me!
Though when i was working i would maybe have the first shake at 10 or 11am then the second around 5 or 6pm...as i found it harder at work. and would generally head home wind down and have an early night!

Dannyboy I'm doing it second time round too. Although initially it was 100 times harder then before, but now 4 weeks in I'm finding it soooo easy. For another week and I promise you will feel much better. You've got through the hardest bit anyway! Give it a try mate honestly it'll be soon worth it.

Dannyboy that's a great result for last week. keep up the good work.

I have had a cold and flu all weekend but managed to stay on TFR and no medication over the weekend. I am glad I have stuck with it. weight in tomorrow so will see what the scales says.

Sorry chaps,
I gave up during day one.

It sounds like a feeble excuse but if I'm hungry I can't think straight which in my line of work is potentially catastrophic.
I'm keeping the sachets and am going to use them as occasional meal replacements and instead I'm using a Sainsbury's Diet food diary to help me manage my daily food intake.
I think my 20kg surplus came about because of eating crisps and biscuits, not doing enough exercise and my thyroid gland packing up last year. The third item is irreversible but the food and exercise is something I should really be able to manage myself.

Good luck. Keep drinking the water!

blxm

Back