Is there any point continuing????

millykitten

I am going to buy a big bag of crisps. Walkers onion barghi crisps. Been thinking about them all morning and want to eat them for my lunch uuummm.

Sorry, I’m just sooo bored.

I don’t necessarily feel hungry but I can’t just drink shakes.

Was so looking forward to making the “crisps” yesterday evening after reading through all the CD recipes. They don’t really work do they?

Tried the “muffin” and the “crisps/ popudoms” didn’t work and just tasted more disgusting than usual.

I’m only 3 days in. If I have so little will power, is there any point continuing?????

:break_diet: :wave_cry:

Hi I know exactly how u feel, On my very first week I felt the way you do now so I went through all the CD products I had and then decided on the ones I liked most, I love the porridge apple and cinamon and the ordinary one. I ordered 21 of these the next week and they really fill you up.
It is normally day 3/4 that are the hardest and if you can hang on today without eating the crisps maybe tomorrow you will be in ketosis and you wont feel hungry.
I hope it works out for you, the beginning is the hardest part and the diet does get easier I promise. I am loving it now especially this morning when I had to put a hole in my belt cos it was too big and my trousers were falling down. Take care and good luck to you :)

Hi,it doesnt really sound like ss is for you at the moment,its as much about your mind being in the right place as anything else,I have known people to do ss on one flavour only all the way through as they were determined to see it through.You could maybe try the tetras the crisps and muffins are fine if you get them right,but dont taste like the real thing.Maybe you should think about moving up the plans,maybe do 1000 that way you are still incorporating real food and only need 2 packs a day,that way maybe you might be able to move down the plans to ss later,good luck whatever you decide
xx

The crisps will still be there for you to eat after you've lost weight.

Or.....

Your fat will still be there after you've eaten the crisps and given up CD.

Entirely your choice.

I am going to buy a big bag of crisps. Walkers onion barghi crisps. Been thinking about them all morning and want to eat them for my lunch uuummm.

Sorry, I’m just sooo bored.

I don’t necessarily feel hungry but I can’t just drink shakes.

Was so looking forward to making the “crisps” yesterday evening after reading through all the CD recipes. They don’t really work do they?

Tried the “muffin” and the “crisps/ popudoms” didn’t work and just tasted more disgusting than usual.

I’m only 3 days in. If I have so little will power, is there any point continuing?????

:break_diet: :wave_cry:

C'mon babes! don't give in so soon....

there are loads of products to try, and if you really can't stomach the ones you've already tried then go swap them with your CDC... plus you can get a little motivational pep talk from them too maybe?

I can handle the shakes if i blend them properly, they just don't taste the same if you shake them by hand... instead of buying stinky bhaji crisps, got to nearest argoose and invest in a £4 blender and see if that makes things more palatable...

And drink loads of lovely iced water... if you're forcing down tepid lukewarm water, it's not easy... cold water is more satifying i find...

stick with minimins and you'll overcome this craving, you'll be glad you did....

(if you must cheat, don't make it crisps... have a wee slice of ham or a piece of chicken.... )

The crisps will still be there for you to eat after you've lost weight.

Or.....

Your fat will still be there after you've eaten the crisps and given up CD.

Entirely your choice.

Love it! Ive copied that into a file Im making for times when i feel like crumbling, thnks!

To be fair to OP, blunt posts like that can sometimes be a bit full on too... if someone doesn't know the boards and the level of support friendship that can come from minimins...

So as succint as it was, i hope Milly wasn't shocked by the blunt tone... tough love is not always the right thing either....

that's said with the greatest of respect to Serena, who's came so far on CD and who's opinion is much respected and from great experience i'm sure....

Yes you're right on that one Maz, I just meant that straight talking is what works for me that's all. I hope millykitten sees through it all and refrained from the crisps in the end :) It is definately a v.v.hard battle with your mind at times though, I whole heartedly agree.

Hey All,

Thanks for the support. It all helped. Don’t worry about me being offended, it’s not possible.

Liked that “fat will still be there line” ….lol kind of Talk show ish…v funny..

Well.. no one can force you, but site shows it works.. the recipes aren't recommended for teh first couple of weeks and I read from a CDC last night that cooking/freezing should only happen on your 4th shake of the day.. just thought I'd mention that as didn't know myself till last night! lol

As for giving up.. if you want to.. then you'll be back to square one.

If you want to lose weight you have to give yourself a chance. A chance to get used to the diet, and more will power comes after the first weigh in :)

Have a read through this site.. honestly If that's not motivation then you'll never suceed at any diet. ((hugs))

Hope you manage to stick to it - as for Crisps.. I wish the planet was covered in them, I'd be a size 0 for sure.. as am really and truly not bothered by them! :p

I know that I'm chiming in a little late on this thread (darn you, timezones!) but I wanted to say that I think you really need to decide what's important to you.

You need to decide whether the immediate, short-term gratification of having a bag of crisps is more important than losing the weight you want to lose. Since I noticed you don't have huge amounts of weight like some of us, perhaps you might be happier on a program that involves some food, or even another diet entirely.

In the end, you are the one who has to live in your body, and those decisions are for you, not anyone else, to make.

Hi I dont have any shakes as I dont like them at all . I have the cd porridge in the morning , a Chocolate velvet cd box drink for lunch and a bar for tea ( I have the peanut and the cranberry ) . I have alot of sparkling water nice and cold from the fridge with ice , as I find it more interesting than tap water . I have had the bars from week one as I would have given up with the skakes . I still lost 8 lb in week 1 and 6 lb in week 2 . You have to do whats going to work for you . Good Luck !! As for crisps I love them thats half my problem !!! I try to buy the ones I dont like for the rest of the family so I dont get tempted . Good Luck .

Back