Is there any point?

Hello!
Just under 2 years ago I weighed 16.5 stone. Now weighing 10st 7lbs, I have come quite a long way. I did get down to 10st 1lb (which I was much happier with), but after an all inclusive holiday a few weeks ago, it went up a fair bit.
Okay, I will try and get to the point (if I can find one and not just rant).
Before I went on holiday, I worked REALLY hard for about 8 weeks. I had been working hard before that too, but those 8 weeks, I really kicked it into gear. I was eating all the right things (enough good carbs to keep me going, no sugar, enough protein and loads of veggies) and was exercising for at least and hour every day (cardio such as gym or swimming) and doing weights as well. Over those 8 weeks, I lost a little bit of weight (4lbs), but not as much as I wanted. I know muscle weighs more than fat, so I put it down to that, therefore I expected to lose inches. The fact is, despite being a healthy weight, with a healthy BMI and a dress size 10 - I have a huge stomach still. It is not just loose skin, it is actual fat.
So, my question is...what is the point?! I am pretty happy with my weight and dress size now, just very unhappy with my fat stomach. Some are probably thinking "is it really fat, or does she just think it is" and trust me, it is. It looks really out of proportion to the rest of my body and I could pass as pregnant. I know it is not the end of the world, being healthy is the most important thing, but is there any point me carrying on working really hard with the exercise everyday, not allowing myself any treats, if it is not going to make any difference? Should I just concentrate on maintaining my current weight? Anyone have any ideas how to shift a stomach of fat when I have tried upping the CV and eating the right foods?
Hopefully someone can put my mind at ease that this isn't all a waste of time when I could be enjoying ice cream :D

Wow you have done fantastically well! Your stats and goals show how far you have come. Im jealous lol.

I think you know in your heart that is worth continuing with, because the last thing you want is to let it all slip simply because your stomach isnt the right shape yet.

It must be really hard to have achieved so much and still have the damn fat on your stomach to deal with. But would you rather be a size 16 again with a big problem to deal with, or a size 10 with a much smaller problem to deal with.

You need some professional advice about how to deal with the stomach issue, and maybe liposuction could be the answer?

Thanks for your reply.
I'm not going to let it all slip and start eating crap all the time. You are right, i have come too far to do that. But I don't see the point in exercising as much as I have been when it makes no more difference than it would if I just stuck to a healthy diet and maintained.
Yeah, I thought about lipsuction, but apart from not being able to afford it, I don't think I could go through with it.
Obviously I am not thinking anyone here can give me a quick solution (although it would be nice), but maybe some pointers on where I have been going wrong in regards to still having so much stomach fat :(

Back