Is there any way that I can have pizza?

My book says that 100g of tomato and mozzarella are 12.5 syns. How much is that? A slice?

I live in Italy so pizza is, like everywhere, and I feel like I'm missing out when I go out with mates!

If I have a pizza without tomato and mozzarella and something else on it like salad or bresaola ham or shrimps, would it be less syns?

The main syns are going to be from the base and the cheese i would expect. Its difficult if eating out as the tomato may be high in syns too.

Can you make your own pizza to get your fix. You can use wholemeal pitta bread as a healthy extra (its supposed to be co-op brand but as your not going to be near a co-op) i would say a small wholemeal pitta will be a tweak. Or someone posted on here ages ago (and i expect its in the recipe section) about making pizza with wholemeal flour and how much you need etc for it to be a healthy extra

Then make your tomato sauce (tomato puree is now free as well) Add your toppings and cheese as a Healthy extra.

I have made a tuna pizza loads of times this way. :)

The main syns are going to be from the base and the cheese i would expect. Its difficult if eating out as the tomato may be high in syns too.

Can you make your own pizza to get your fix. You can use wholemeal pitta bread as a healthy extra (its supposed to be co-op brand but as your not going to be near a co-op) i would say a small wholemeal pitta will be a tweak. Or someone posted on here ages ago (and i expect its in the recipe section) about making pizza with wholemeal flour and how much you need etc for it to be a healthy extra

Then make your tomato sauce (tomato puree is now free as well) Add your toppings and cheese as a Healthy extra.

Thank you, I'll look for the recipe then!

If u use tescos wholemeal bread mix and make a base then use passata and mozerella out of ur healthy extra then it will be free. Top with loads of veggies such as mushrooms, onions etc

Or use a warbertons sqaure wrap spread with tom puree great 30g of he a cheese chopped ham or chicken and lots of onion peppers and mushrooms thats all free just 8syns for ur wrap makes a great quick an tasty meal

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

what about a wholemeal baguette with low fat cheese peppers and chicken? Anyone know how many syns atall?

I personally will have pizza if i want it. Ill do mega extra body magic tho. I have good fellas stone bake. I did have a pitta pizza n i enjoyed it.

I just count calories for the day when I want pizza, works just as well- just stick to under 1500 calories for the day and then get back on plan the next day xx

geordie_lass21 said:

Ooooo this sounds interesting! I will have to try it out myself :)

I just count calories for the day when I want pizza, works just as well- just stick to under 1500 calories for the day and then get back on plan the next day xx

Brilliant idea. I never thought of that.

My book says that 100g of tomato and mozzarella are 12.5 syns. How much is that? A slice?

I live in Italy so pizza is, like everywhere, and I feel like I'm missing out when I go out with mates!

If I have a pizza without tomato and mozzarella and something else on it like salad or bresaola ham or shrimps, would it be less syns?

Hey!! I'm in Italy too and isn't it much harder here?? No access to a lot of the reduced fat/sugar stuff you get in the UK.

On the topic of pizza though, Italian pizza is much lighter than the UK equivalent. The closest thing in the UK would be pizza express so check the syns for one of those. You could also opt for seafood pizza (which has no cheese) and not eat the crust (which I don't like anyway). To calculate the syns better why not try and make a pizza at home and measure the flour etc so you have a rough idea of the content. Some places here use strutto or olive oil in the dough so probably you should ask which it is, the olive oil could be your hex but you'd have to syn the strutto. :)

2 slices from a Dominoes small (10 inch) cheese and tomato pizza in the UK is 15 syns. They put oil in their tomato sauce, use plenty of cheese and they have quiet a doughy base compared to an Italian pizza.

Reducing the amount of cheese and piling high with free food would reduce the syns but it's hard to say by how much.

Panda.Bear.Hugs said:

What about a weight watchers pizza the mini oval ones are around 10 syns or half a big one about the Same .... You could add extra cheese from your hex allowance too to make it better as the cheese Is a bit sparse (poor ww dieters)and have with chips and salad

Back