is there anyone out there who has a lot of weight to lose? and is on a VLCD

Well done for sticking with it.
We'll probably have lots of weak moments on this diet but the important thing is that we just stick with it, we will feel so much better knowing we've not given in when we have really wanted to!

I'm going good, just freezing cold!
Weigh in day for me tomorrow.

oh good luck for your weigh in 2moro. You are so right we are bound to have weaker moments and at times slip ups, its just important to not give up, I'm sure we can get there with time. Em x

I started on 21 stone, 10lbs and now at 20 stone, 11lbs. So, we are pretty much on the same page. I am doing slim and save and 5 packs a day as I am over 17 stone, as well.

I started a few weeks ago, I'd say I have 6-7 stones to lose. Maybe more, it depends on how I look at each weight, you know?

I can't even remember what I look like below 13st. :eek:

I started at 19st 13lb with a goal of 13st. Currently weigh 16st 4lb. It's doable and pretty quick with a vlcd. Lower than I've ever been before now and determined to get to goal!

I'm so glad I found this thread. I'm starting (again!) on 1st April and I have 7 stone to lose. Feeling very daunted by it all. Lost 5 stone 4 years ago with LL. it has all gone back on because I started 'messing' with the diet - trying weekends off etc, which lead to more and more food intake; I've had several half-hearted, unsuccessful restarts - each one leading to a weight gain; I've had an unhappy couple of years, having been posted abroad to the middle east with hubby's job and food was a comfort. A recent health scare has made me determined that this time is the last time. I, like Em, am 48 and struggle with all the same things but I think I'm old enough and ugly enough to know the ONLY person who can do this is ME. With the help of the ladies on here and hopefully Dr Beck too, I WILL get there. We all will.

Hiya, I've just started slim and save this evening, well I say started, i've just ordered my first weeks worth of items and should get it tomorrow.I am currently 18st 9lb and would ideally like to lose 8 stone. I've done a VLCD before and made the istake of drinking my 1st shake and expecting to be slim by the next day, or looking at how much I have to lose and thinking its almost impossible. But this time i am going to take it one day at a time instead of looking at how many months its going to take to get to goal. Good luck to everyone! xx

Hi I am on week 12 of Cambridge. Started at 24st 9lb, and at last weeks weigh in I was 20st 7lb, so 58lb off so far. Weigh in again tomorrow... Hoping to lose another 6-8stone. Find it very difficult to set a goal weight as I was 17.5st at 16 years old, so I have no idea how I will look as I have been heavier than that my entire adult life!!!

Hiya! I am doing slim & save and ideally want to lose around 8 stone. So will have to get very comfortable with the sachets for the next few months! :) I keep reminding myself that Christmas feels like it was really recently and yet it has been 3 months, so if I just stick to this for that time I will have done the first 12 weeks already and be that much closer to the goal. It will take a long time, but probably much less time than I have messed about with various diet false starts / and been consciously unhappy about my weight in the last few years.

Good luck everyone!
Maev x

Mini goal are definately the way to do it!! ANd dont give up!!! No matter how many times you have to re-start.... Just keep going!!!

Oh its good to hear that there are others out there who are also aiming to lose a lot of weight, its good to feel part of a weight loss community on minimins. Oh and def a believer in smaller goals and not beating yourself up if you have a moment of weakness as at the end of the day we are human and sometimes we will fall off the wagon,the most important thing is getting back on track asap. Em x

I have a lot to lose as well, so you're definitely not alone! It's a bit daunting when you actually look at the numbers in front of you and realise JUST how far you have to go...... but that's why I'm doing a VLCD, so I can get there much faster!

Does anyone have an ideal amount they'd like to lose each week to get to a certain weight by a set time? Or more relaxed and just see how it goes each week?

I have a few things on this year, and I'd ideally like to lose 2kgs / 4.5lbs every week until July, but I know that probably isn't realistic even doing 100%.

I have a lot to lose as well, so you're definitely not alone! It's a bit daunting when you actually look at the numbers in front of you and realise JUST how far you have to go...... but that's why I'm doing a VLCD, so I can get there much faster!

Does anyone have an ideal amount they'd like to lose each week to get to a certain weight by a set time? Or more relaxed and just see how it goes each week?

I have a few things on this year, and I'd ideally like to lose 2kgs / 4.5lbs every week until July, but I know that probably isn't realistic even doing 100%.

The average weightloss on a vlcd is 14lb a month, so that's a bit higher than the average-but doesn't mean it's not achievable! I did it last year too, and lost 52lbs in 11 weeks so that's about the same as what you're aiming for-but I probably started heavier than you. Good luck x

I aim for 2 a week as I am probably building muscle!!! But any downwards movement is welcome lol....

This thread has been just what I need to read to motivate me back to my VLCD, I'm almost 20st again.... feeling rubbish & ready to get going again...

I lost 70lbs in 16 weeks last time - an average of just over 4lbs a week. I say last time because I'm nearly back at square one, having given up before I got to goal and slowly regaining the weight by eating too much and not exercising enough! This time I want to stick at it til goal (88lbs) and then the REAL work begins - keeping it off. I think it's fair to expect 14lbs a month after the big losses of the first couple of weeks for the people in this thread as we all have a lot to lose. I really want to say 'hello' to the slim, healthy person inside me! ;-)

Keeping it off is definately the hardest bit!!! I have maintained the weight I am now for about 6 months!!! But now feel ready to get the last couple of stone off to get in them size 14 jeans....

Find a sport/activity/exercise you love.... would be my only advice... and eat clean.... if its got packaging or an advert on the TV give it a swerve!!!

P.s.... If you're up to a challenge find a crossfit gym... the change in my body has been massive!!!

Deezer, you're right. I've not been eating anything remotely processed for about 4 months so my body should be in a healthy place now to shed this lard! Gyms here in Switzerland are crazy expensive but I've been asked by a girl at work if I fancy joining a Roller Derby group (I think they've been tasked with enrolling some older women!) and I'm going to give it a go. I need something that will make me laugh as well as make me fit. This might just fit the bill! Good luck with your last stone or two :)

Back