Is there anyone out there who's not cheating?

no one should talk about cheats in this forum anyway as it's supposed to be the 100% forum.

Okay, I think some of you have read my first post and got the wrong end of the stick. There are always going to
be situations where you may have no choice but to go off plan (as i said in the post) and I'm not talking about those times here.

Yes this is the place to come and find support as I well know, but others are agreeing with me that there are more and more peeps posting about their cheats. That's okay but in my experience those of us to come on and post positive thoughts for the day to share with eachother is so motivating and keeping us on track.

I know we are all different and yes of course every one of us have issues with food habbits or we probably wouldn't be here.

Thanks everyone for posting. There's no right or wrong but its interesting to hear all points of view. xxx

ps- If you'd read my post, i state that I chose to do 810 and not ss as there was far more chance of me staying on track. Some struggling might find that could work for them.

very well said! I have had a few planned meals on my aamw that were obviously not on plan and once or twice I have had some sliced chicken or an extra pack during a difficult time. Once I was stuck without my packs on the train for 9 hours with no access to anything but the food cart and had a chicken sandwich! Doesn't make me any less serious about losing weight. I knew when I started this journey I would be doing it for at least 7 months. That's a very long time on ss, and I'm proud to have stuck to it this long. Honestly, posts like these can seem really unsupportive and critical, especially to those who do struggle!

Well done on your losses :) I'm estimating that I will be on CD for around 5 months and I understand it's going to be difficult. KD posted a great thread about this which was along the lines of person A may cheat occasionally (though a different analogy was used) and person B may not however they're still aiming for the same goal at the end.(I'll have to find it).

Edit, I found the link:
http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/66741-whos-better-person.html

Last edited:
have to say thought sunshine and I am glad that you have brought this to some peoples attention because I have been staying away from this forum over the last few weeks as I have felt that people are cheating more and more and posting about it on here and then still loosing which is not what I want to hear (read)

So well done you for posting this and also being brave enough to say something!

I totally agree. I have stayed away from this forum deliberatley today as i find it a struggle and very demotivating when people talk about how theyve cheated almost every day.

do you report the threads talking about cheating?

Eyeontheprize, I'm suprised that you find the thread unsupportive and critical.....? I am actually one of the most supportive and uncritical on this forum and do my best to stay positive. Sometimes I'm low like others are and when i log on to read threads to find inspiration lately it's been harder to find. I'm only here about 6 weeks and I've just noticed a big difference from when i started.

My intension was not to be negitave but quite the opposite. Sorry if you feel offended x

This is a difficult one to answer over the net, as a lot of expression is lost, and what may seem innocuous to one person may feel like a personal slight to another.

I think what we have to remember is that this diet is hard, and whilst 1 person may find SS a breeze but struggle with higher plans, the next might do a higher plan and find that fine, whilst some people (myself included) go on SS with the intention of sticking to it as long as we can, but sometimes we get waylaid.

I don't think anyone wakes up in the morning thinking "Hmmm today I'm going to eat X", but at some point some people crack. I mean to some people the notion that we let ourselves get so overweight in the first place would be quite as frustrating when reading threads where the poster posts about low confidence/body image etc

At the end of the day, frustrating as it may seem (and I agree it can be frustrating when people "cheat" and then are upset about less than expected losses, you can see them heading for a fall but can't stop them. I include myself in this btw) the 100% forum is here if you don't want any mention of food.

If the posts you don't like are on the main forum, then don't reply to them, hover over the title and get a general feeling of the thread, don't like it then don't answer.

On the other hand you feel strongly enough about it then post away, but as I've mentioned (and this post is probably guilty of it in part) with so much verbal communication/body language lost in text, be prepared that someone might take it badly. Thus the flame wars begin. I personally have found it easier to ignore certain threads that really push my buttons, perhaps its time that you considered a similar response.

I haven't ever reported anyone because i respect that it is up to them how they do their journey. I'd hate to think people couldn't express their true feelings and i'm not saying not to. It's a very supportive site and we are all going through this same journey and should pull together to motivate one another along the way x

Oh and to add this diet, and I don't care what anyone says provokes emotional responses to stuff I would never even have considred before.

I posted a few weeks ago about feeling down, someone then started a positive thread saying the boards were "full of negativity yesterday". No I don't think for a moment she was having a direct dig at me personally, at the time though I did sit back and think "What hold on, now I can't even post I'm having a bad day? What about the times I've been supportive to other peeps being low? When is it my turn? HOW DARE SHE", and then just felt guilty/ashamed of postign that I was quite low that particular day.

With hindsight I don't think it was directed at me, but that's how it felt, and thats what I mean with meanings being misconstrued and why people might seem a bit shirty in responses.

do you report the threads talking about cheating?

That's a great question eyeontheprize as Admin and Moderators do want to know about anything that is making members unhappy or not supporting their journey in their opinion. If anyone is unsure of how to contact Admin or report any posts then please ask and guidance can be given regarding the process.

I think it may be helpful to post below what is said at the top of the CD 100% Forum explaining the idea and aims and as a reminder for everyone :). This is a hard journey to choose, I know and I thank you all for your input and support to keep this area as it was intended.

Cambridge Diet 100% Forum! The Cambridge Diet 100% Forum is for those following any of the Cambridge plans 100% - this includes SS+, 810 and upwards. No cheats, blips or non-legal food talk is allowed in this section. Any posts containing talk of cheats, blips or non legal food will be moved.

Many Thanks,

Isis :)

I understand this is a place for support and encouragement. Im not perfect... no one is. At some point some day we have all struggled. 1 or 2 slips/blips i can understand.... but picking every second day, i mean come on.... that means technically not on the diet. You need to be atleast willing to give it your all and be positive instead of moaning being on a diet.

I firmly believe its a mind game. Sit down n have a good talk in your head of what you want, why and stop making excuses.... its never gonna be an ideal situation to diet in.... this is life!

Out of the 4 times ive seen my cdc... twice ive found her stuffing her face... wk1 she was dunking choc digestives in her tea and wk4 she was stuffing her face with strawberries n cream.... and when saw me said she had lost 8lbs. Im sorry to mention food... but the point is alot people are on and off the diet and then making comments that atleast they are still losing and thats all that matters. I find this really demotivating.

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.

Thanks for posting Lexie. Sounds sensible as always :)

You are one example tho of someone who is having their own difficutlies yet still manages to try and motivate others. This can be motivating in itself and I've found by reading the threads to date, I learn so much of what not to do and how to do what i do better....if that makes sence.

Not trying to start a battle , just trying to hear from others who also try their hardest. We can only do our best and maybe that's what I meat to put across. x

ffbt you make a good point. I believe it's all mental too. If you look at this diet as an oppurtunity rather than a burden then you are more likely to succeed I think.

I get where you are coming from, I only lost 0.75 lbs this week, but that was due to picking twice. I fully appreciate its a "bite in the bum" as it were, but funnily enough its the way the picking cycle works.

You pick on Monday
Tuesday stay 100%
Wednesday you really struggle due to Mondays pick, cave pick again
Thurs back on track
Fri picking monster arrives again

I fully think thats due to the fact you picked day 1 but day 2 body still working on pulling nutrients etc from foods (peristaltic action and digestion/transit time on CD being a bit longer and all that), by day 3 your body has realised its missing something its had recently so starts sending signals to push you to eat again. Yes its all in the mind, but technically telling people mind over matter is acknowledging that the mind is a powerful force, I don't always believe we have as much choice over that as we like to think.

Cheats wise, my "cheats" weren't so bad this week when I did "cheat" but they really hit hard compared to some other people, but at the end of the day its my diet, and I know what I do to myself affects only me.

I think at the beginning of your CD journey, say 4-5 weeks in, its very easy* to sit in judgement and wonder why people make the choices they do, I fully admit I did it myself, I think its only when you've been on it for a while you really get to grips with why, and start to sympathise more than empathise. * by that I mean its the normal iyswim?
not to sound too critical

It is so true that we can't interpret facial expressions and tone of voice on net so ppl are misconstrued. I think we all agree that when we are feeling down we should definitely be able to express it (I've felt down nearly all the time and been encouraged all the time- this diet is hard- physically and emotionally) but I don't think we should be talking about food all the time- maybe the odd cheat or struggle but not listing what we've eaten every day.

and re looking at it as an opportunity I do try, but sometimes I get wee waves of being fed up. I think its similar to having kids, eg you love them most of the time but sometimes you could cheerfully hand them over to someone for a break.

It is so true that we can't interpret facial expressions and tone of voice on net so ppl are misconstrued. I think we all agree that when we are feeling down we should definitely be able to express it (I've felt down nearly all the time and been encouraged all the time- this diet is hard- physically and emotionally) but I don't think we should be talking about food all the time- maybe the odd cheat or struggle but not listing what we've eaten every day.

see this is where personal interpretation comes into it. On the days where the boards have been flooded with food refs its not really bothered me, however another day a few people could mention one thing and I think "What?!? More food, for goodness sake"

but its at points like that I toddle off to the 100% board. Because for some people, every day is a struggle. I know at one point the "legal" food threads were really getting to me, like 810. I was thinking "how could you list that? its so tempting"

Funnily enough on CD I read more cookery books, watch more food TV and cook more than normal. This doesn't bother me but might really get to someone else.

Last edited:
I understand this is a place for support and encouragement. Im not perfect... no one is. At some point some day we have all struggled. 1 or 2 slips/blips i can understand.... but picking every second day, i mean come on.... that means technically not on the diet. You need to be atleast willing to give it your all and be positive instead of moaning being on a diet.

I firmly believe its a mind game. Sit down n have a good talk in your head of what you want, why and stop making excuses.... its never gonna be an ideal situation to diet in.... this is life!

Out of the 4 times ive seen my cdc... twice ive found her stuffing her face... wk1 she was dunking choc digestives in her tea and wk4 she was stuffing her face with strawberries n cream.... and when saw me said she had lost 8lbs. Im sorry to mention food... but the point is alot people are on and off the diet and then making comments that atleast they are still losing and thats all that matters. I find this really demotivating.

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.

Hi :)

I can totally see and feel your frustration with your CDC and what you saw. It must be very demotivating as you say and not fair on you at all.

I understand why you mentioned about food and what your CDC was doing but can I kindly ask again that we hold back from talking about conventional food on this particular forum.

Many Thanks,

Isis :)

Last edited:

Totally agree Broxi :)

Back